cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Problems

Martin5243
Tuning in

I have not been able to send or receive emails since 1 July 2021 BUT, today I managed to send an email from my VM account to my Gmail account but I still can't receive emails. I have used 3 MacPro's and my iPhone and can't receive emails on any of them.

Thanks in advance

Martin

13 REPLIES 13

Hi Tim, there is nothing there that is untoward or any new filters added.

I have added a new filter to redirect any emails to another account, lets see what happens

Thanks again Tim

Hello and thank you to ALL those people who replied to my posts 💜

We have a result.
I phoned VM on 150 again and spoke to a wonderful lady called Gemma, she is a 🌟. She looked online and said that there had been outages in the area and that they had 2 setting enabled or disabled and for me it was enabled. so she decided to send me a test email and my redirect filter sent it to my gmail account and presto it turned up, so I disabled my redirect filter and her new test email came through to my blueyonder email so it looks like its resolved.

Thanks again to everyone for their help and support.

Martin

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Martin5243 wrote:

We have a result. She looked online and said that there had been outages in the area and that they had 2 setting enabled or disabled and for me it was enabled.

That makes no sense to me, I cannot see why an outage in your area would have any effect on your webmail. Webmail resides on VM's  own servers so an outage in your area could not possibly cause your webmail settings to be changed.

However, as long as it works, that's fine.

For future information if you ever need to use the filter rules again. Those rules only apply to emails that would otherwise have appeared in your Inbox. So if emails are not appearing in your inbox merely setting a rule to forward them to another email account will have no effect whatsoever. The rule only worked in this case because whatever the 150 people did obviously fixed the problem, your flow of incoming emails to your inbox was resumed and the filter dutifully forward the email to your  Gmail account.

Thanks for letting us know the good news but I have no idea what the VM Customer Service team really did to fix it.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Coenoby,
I said to her what have you done and she said "I just followed our guidelines" she also said to me did the last guy send you a test email and I said no and she was a bit surprised. It must be ok as Tesco's have just sent me an email and I never even got one when I booked or changed my online order, so things are looking up.
And I want to say big thank you to all the people who tried to help and send advice, it was much appreciated.