cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Password Reset

charley97
Joining in

I need help resetting an email password that is not linked to a broadband account. I have had the email address for about 10 years.

The problem arose yesterday as my phone broke and it took 5 hours to come back on. I was then locked out of Apple ID and have lost all of my passwords that were on my phone (silly I know) the Apple ID recovery can take a few days to be sorted.

I have tried updating the password online but I cannot remember the security questions (I was frauded last year and I think I changed the information to something a bit more crazy to ensure it did not happen again for more security but again this info is on my phone linked to Apple ID).

I have tried to call Virgin but the guy was not helpful, I have another email address with Virgin which is linked to the broad band account I have with them and they kept saying they could update this one but not the one I needed changing.

A bit long winded and silly I know but any help would be appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@charley97 wrote:

any help would be appreciated 

This post will picked up by one of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum).  One of them will be contacting you via this thread in the next day or so.

Because you are still a VM broadband customer they should be able to help you regain temporary access to the email account.

However, you do need to be aware that if this email account is not linked to a live broadband account then it could disappear completely at any time. VM say that 90 days after a broadband account is closed they delete any email accounts linked to it. In reality they often take much much longer to get round to it but they always do eventually. Sadly they never give any warning before doing so, That's possibly why VM customer services were not willing to help you, the account is dead in the water as far as they were concerned.

The Forum Team may be more amenable but if they do regain access to the account for you, you need to take steps to move away from using it ASAP. If you continue using it you will be playing Russian Roulette with it and the 10 years worth of emails and contacts you have stored in the account.😉 

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@charley97 wrote:

any help would be appreciated 

This post will picked up by one of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum).  One of them will be contacting you via this thread in the next day or so.

Because you are still a VM broadband customer they should be able to help you regain temporary access to the email account.

However, you do need to be aware that if this email account is not linked to a live broadband account then it could disappear completely at any time. VM say that 90 days after a broadband account is closed they delete any email accounts linked to it. In reality they often take much much longer to get round to it but they always do eventually. Sadly they never give any warning before doing so, That's possibly why VM customer services were not willing to help you, the account is dead in the water as far as they were concerned.

The Forum Team may be more amenable but if they do regain access to the account for you, you need to take steps to move away from using it ASAP. If you continue using it you will be playing Russian Roulette with it and the 10 years worth of emails and contacts you have stored in the account.😉 

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello Coenoby,

Thank you so much for your response and for the inform regarding the possible termination of the account!

If I can get access I will try and take steps to move away from it as you suggested.

Thanks again

Charley

Hi @charley97

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're struggling to get access to one of your email accounts. I'm definitely keen to help you as best as I can, so I will send you a private message in a moment so I can take a few details and see what can be done. Please respond to this when you can and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!