cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Mailbox closure NTLworldcom

MerleGoff1
Joining in

I have received an email stating my NTLworld.com mailbox is being closed on 19 October,  is this a scam, I can only get an automated answer on the Virgin  site

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MerleGoff1 wrote:

I have received an email stating my NTLworld.com mailbox is being closed on 19 October,  is this a scam, I can only get an automated answer on the Virgin  site

It sounds like a variation of the type of scam emails warned of here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Latest-Phishing-News-06-10-2021/m-p/4837486

VM do not usually send out such warnings before closing email addresses. In any case the email address would only be closed down if it is not linked to a current VM broadband account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MerleGoff1 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

If your email address is linked to an active broadband account, there is no danger in losing your email address.  In regards to the email you've received, Graham_A has completely summed it up for you.  I am genuinely sorry for any inconvenience the email may have caused you.

Regards

Lee_R