cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Login

pbrinkworth
On our wavelength

I've always logged into my virgin emails via my laptop but today despite being able to log in for many years I have been unable to despite having both the correct name and password.

I select my account to log into as I've done for years previously, then the password box comes up and enter the password but it says your email address or password was incorrect please try again or go back to change your email

Fortunately I've been able to set it up on my iphone but really need to access on my laptop which I've done for years and years

Thanks for any assistance

Regards

Paul

4 REPLIES 4

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FYI   a prerequisite for continuing use of the email account is that it is linked to an active Virgin Media broadband account or less than 90 days have passed since its termination. Does your email account meet the criteria for continuing use?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @pbrinkworth,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling to access your email account/service. As @用心棒 has explained, the email address/service has to be linked to an active broadband service to remain functional. Once the broadband service has been cancelled and disconnected the email account is then deactivated and deleted, typically within 90 days but sometimes it can take longer than this.

If it's working on your handset then it implies that it's still active, but if more than 90 days have passed since you disconnected your broadband services with us then it may be deleted at any point without additional warning. As such, I'd highly recommend backing up any important content from that account at your earliest convenience.

Have you tried to reset the password yet to regain access via our webmail platform?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks Zach I was wondering if it was working on my iPhone as I had it with Virgin mobile and changed to O2 on their advice 

Ive sent loads now thru to my business email just in case thank you very much 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply @pbrinkworth 😊

As advised will be deleted soon, unfortunately, it would need to be an active media service rather than mobile, if you have set up auto-forwarding and would like it to be deleted asap, if it is still active, please let us know.

Zoie