cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Locked

Cazza102carol
Joining in

My email account has been locked since yesterday.  I have performed a full virus scan which was clear and I have changed my password but my email account is still locked.  Please advise.  I can access email via the virgin media web address but not on my outlook account on my PC.  Help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Cazza102carol, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

Okay - that does sound like you were transferred to Gadget Rescue, who is a third party company we can transfer customers to for support if the fault is outside of our responsibilities.

As you've confirmed that you can access email via Virgin Media webmail, this does mean that it's not to do with something we have done here, but we'll certainly try to help where possible.

Are you able to provide a screenshot confirming what error you're receiving on emails via Outlook please and we'll take things from there?

Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Cazza102carol
Joining in

This afternoon I spoke to the help desk who transferred me to a paying service.  I spoke to a lady who told me that I need to change my outlook password to be the same as my virgin media password.  Well I have Office 365 and have done that myself.  (She wanted to charge me £60 to do it)  It has made no difference.   My outlook email account still has a send/receive error message on it.  I would be grateful for some help.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Cazza102carol, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

Okay - that does sound like you were transferred to Gadget Rescue, who is a third party company we can transfer customers to for support if the fault is outside of our responsibilities.

As you've confirmed that you can access email via Virgin Media webmail, this does mean that it's not to do with something we have done here, but we'll certainly try to help where possible.

Are you able to provide a screenshot confirming what error you're receiving on emails via Outlook please and we'll take things from there?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom

Apologies for the late reply.  I have been away for a couple of days.  I still cannot access email via Outlook and have taken a screen shot of the rror which I will try to attach to this email.2022-05-12 (1).png

Hope that worked.  I look forward to hearing from you.  By the way, I never received an email saying you had replied, even though I had that box ticked.

Thanks for your help.

Carol

My email issue is now resolved.  Thanks to the people who helped me sort it out, particularly Paul in the Resolutions Team.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Cazza102carol, 

Thank you for updating the thread, and I am glad to hear this is now resolved for you 🙂
Zoie