cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Forbidden

thefrasers
Tuning in

I am having the same problems. Tried multiple browsers. No joy. Why?

7 REPLIES 7

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Does any of this apply? 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

As far as I'm aware, neither of these apply. I use my email account everyday, and have no problems with my email client (Thunderbird). I did have an issue a couple of months ago where I was locked out and couldn't use my email client. When I spoke to Virgin was told it was a security issue, but nobody could actually tell me what the issue was. I remember getting quite heated and asking for a written explanation - but unsurprisingly none has arrived. At the time I had to change my Virgin Media password, and thereafter my email has worked fine, at least as far as Thunderbird is concerned. I very occasionally use webmail to check when the client doesn't seem to read them properly, but don't remember if I have tried since this last issue. However, if this is the 'security' problem again, it would be nice if somebody could actually tell me what is going on. Keeping me 'safe' without actually telling me why what is happening is appalling service.

Anyway, I just want my webmail back…

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The best advice I can give you is of course to keep pressing Virgin for a solution, but in the meantime to set up a new email account with Outlook or Gmail or yahoo.

If/when you eventually get your Virgin email back, set up an automatic forward to the new account.  Then you can respond to your contacts from the new address and join the large number of people who permanently avoid the many problems repeatedly complained of on this forum. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi thefrasers,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you've been having with your email address. 

To be able to look into this I will need to private message you so we can confirm some data protection. 

Please keep an eye out for the private message. 

^Martin

The security issue, from what i can see, is VMs own spam filters not working (nothing new there) but all recipients of any spam emails get locked Annoying I know, had this happen to me on a number of occasions in the last two or three years, and while resetting password works in the majority of these instances, it is only masking the real issue

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your feedback @m00g, I'm sorry to hear this happened to you over the last couple of years as well. Are you experiencing the issue now?

Best wishes,

Serena

Hi Serena_C

No not currently, but I am sure you can guess I will certainly let you all know if i do 😉