cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Addressed Discontinuation

leej78
On our wavelength

The VM account with which my email address is associated is about to be closed. It is my ex-wifes account, she has just cancelled it; she has told me this will me my email address I use will be discontinued, is this true?

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, any email accounts associated with the VM broadband account should be closed 90 days after the account is closed.

This is one of the drawbacks of using an email account connected to an ISP, especially one where you are not the account holder.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @leej78,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that your partner has closed down the account that your email is attached to.

As explained by @Graham_A, any emails attached to closed Virgin Media broadband account are aimed to be closed within 90 days after the account closure. I would advise you set up a new mailbox and set up Email forwarding on your current email account, so you still receive all the important emails you need.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs