Menu
oldmoondog
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Email Accounts

After many years with Virgin (NTL World etc) I am trying to understand the difference between the email accounts I have under my account (using Apple Mail client) and the Virgin Media Mail accounts.

I have three email accounts which are running fine on Apple Mail client with the exception on one which is used by my wife on a different machine, which is getting 7-8 Spam messages a day.  I am trying to find out where I can configure this on the accounts.  If I go into Web mail only two of those accounts is viewable the other does not exist. 

0 Kudos
oldmoondog
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email Accounts

.......additionally I cannot view the emails in one of the accounts in Virgin Media Mail, despite receiving them on the Apple Mail Client!  I am getting a password failure notification when I try to open it. 

0 Kudos
oldmoondog
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

. . .Just like this . .. 

Your e-mail account ************@ntlworld.com was disabled due to invalid credentials. Please edit the account and enter correct credentials to enable it again

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi oldmoondog, 

Sorry for the email issues. Have you been able to log in to the mail account since posting?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
oldmoondog
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HI,

Thanks for the response.  Basically I can log on using a UserID and Password which gets me on to Webmail.  Under there I can see, in the left column, two of the other three accounts which I run.  One of those I can see keeps telling me it has been disabled and I need to amend the credentials (don't know how to do this).  The other is fine and I can see the email in there. The third email address is not listed.  All three of these addresses works fine on the clients that they are used on (Mac Mail). These are all set up used "imap.ntlworld.com".

I am currently on to the tech line but it has just cut me off!!

Regards

Barry

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No worries at all Barry, apologies for the call experience. It wouldn't have been intentional, but I'll flag it here as we may have an issue with the telephone lines. 

Are you an active customer of ours still Barry?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
oldmoondog
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Of Virgin yes.  I have TV WiFi  etc.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Barry,

Hope you don't mind me jumping in on this conversation. I should like to take a look at all of your email accounts, on our systems, to determine what's happened. I'll need some information from you and have sent a PM (purple envelope top right) requesting this. Please reply when you can and I'll get back to you (not in work this afternoon though so may have to pick up on Monday).

Regards,

Jen
Forum Team

Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Barry,

Just posting an update (for visibility for the Community) to confirm issue now fully resolved (along with a couple of other glitches picked on en route to resolution).

Take care,

Jen
Forum Team