cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Account Not Recognised

KSugg
Joining in

Hi (first post so please be kind)

My Virgin media email address stopped working today some time after 12:15 (time of last email received). Tried to log onto web version of VM mails but Virgin says my account is not recognised. I've not changed my password. Even if I click "forgot password" it doesn't like the email address I am typing in.

My email address I have had for years....been a long term VM customer. But 5 yrs ago I had to give up my own home/VM subscription to move in with my parent to look after them. They already have/still pay for Virgin and its a big package that we collectively take. I know I should have novated (?) my email account to her account if I could have done that. It is my bad organisation. But now I cannot access the emails at all. If I could pay Virgin to maintain my legacy email address I would give them more money but there's literally nothing more that this property could take in services from Virgin. 

Is there ANY way that I can get my account back? Even on a "short term, take your emails and transfer over to a new account that you pay for as an extra service" basis?

Thanks for any help on this - desperate 😞 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Welcome to the VM help community.

From the situation that you describe I suspect that you should prepare for disappointment.  Your email address is vulnerable as it is no longer part of a VM broadband account. It won't be possible to move it to your parents account as the accounts are in different names.

There is a slight chance that the VM Forum Team may be able to temporarily unlock your email address but don't count on it.

A Forum Team staff member will respond here in due course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Welcome to the VM help community.

From the situation that you describe I suspect that you should prepare for disappointment.  Your email address is vulnerable as it is no longer part of a VM broadband account. It won't be possible to move it to your parents account as the accounts are in different names.

There is a slight chance that the VM Forum Team may be able to temporarily unlock your email address but don't count on it.

A Forum Team staff member will respond here in due course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you and appreciate that this could not result in a positive outcome. It isn't the cost of maintaining a paid-for service that is the issue for me, it is the absolute pain of having to migrate to a new email address across literally hundreds of sites, services, friends n family members that I wanted to avoid. That's the reason for delaying the change. And - as you pointed out - I couldn't have moved it across to my current VM subscription because it is under a different person's name. For Virgin however, what benefit for them to remove the email account for me, and create so much upheaval? Surely it would be in their interests to offer me a money solution to this situation? I would definitely take it and was a solid Virgin customer for a long time.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good evening @KSugg

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had these issues with your email address. 

I agree this is defiantly an inconvenience, however at the moment we don't offer the ability to pay for your email address on its own. 

I will try my best to unlock it for you, however as Graham_A has pointed out its not a guarantee. 

I will pop you over a PM so that I can look further into it for you. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M