cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Account Locked

NeilJP
On our wavelength

Hi, can someone from Virgin please help to unlock my account? Message is “sorry your email account is unavailable at the moment, please try again in 1 hour” which I’ve done to no avail. Also tried self-help to reset but the security question page doesn’t go anywhere! 

It fell over last night and is very frustrating as need access to email today.

Thanks,

Neil.

5 REPLIES 5

jmp1963
On our wavelength

I'm beginning to think VM have an issue.

Email is the same for me. It stopped 2 days ago. I can't access via web or from Thunderbird.

I've tried a password reset and it hasn't helped. This is the Primary account. Additional accounts are working fine.

Cheers,

JMP

jmp1963
On our wavelength
Scrub my last post.

I just made sure I was logged out of my account (on all browsers) and did a password update on Thunderbird and now all is working. Not sure why it 'fell over' in the first place but hey ho! At least it's working again now,

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @NeilJP, thanks for your post and I'm sorry your email address is locked out.

I've just checked our systems actually though having read your post, and it appears you've already got this all sorted thankfully, just like @jmp1963 has too!

If you do need any further help please don't hesitate to let us know but if not, take care.

Many thanks

Tom_W

NeilJP
On our wavelength

Hi Tom,

Thank you, yes I got it sorted by calling an agent.
What is concerning though is that Virgin seem to regularly lock this account. It was happening every month or so but hasn’t happened since November. Last time I resolved it by resetting the password myself but it wouldn’t let me do that this time? I presume the cause is some kind of hacking attempt but the agent I spoke to wasn’t able (or didn’t want) to say. I have 2 other Virgin email accounts that have never been locked in 10+ years?
Virgin’s stock answer is that your device may be infected, however, this particular account is only ever accessed from 1 device which is an Apple product, always up to date and with cookies & history regularly deleted. I have now changed the password, cleared history/cookies again but suspect it’ll only be a matter of time before it is locked again. Guess I’ll have to gradually migrate away from it so I’m less reliant 🙁

jmp1963
On our wavelength

Hi NeilJP,

Glad you got yours sorted too and thanks Tom for checking in on us!

Unlike yours NeilJP my account has never been locked out in the past and I only regularly access it from my Linux desktop. It was odd because I sent an email that went successfully and then almost immediately afterwards tried to forward a different email that wouldn't send. I thought it was a temporary blip at first but then couldn't access my mailbox from a browser either. It was only after a couple of days that I realised it wasn't temporary!

Guess I'll just have to keep an eye on it.

Cheers,

JMP