cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Account Locked - Phone support say it will take a week to unlock!

kkarl
On our wavelength

Good morning all.

I haven't been able to access my Virgin Media email accout since Thursday 14th Oct, either via webmail or email clients (unable to authenticate). I phoned support on Friday 15th Oct and they tried to fix it but didn't have the necessary permissions to do so. They kindly raised a support ticket for me and said that the problem would be fixed in 24-48 hrs. Unfortunately I'm still locked out this morning and have contacted phone support again. They confirmed that a ticket has been raised but said it will take another 3 or 4 days to resolve!.

Looking through the forum it seems that some people a with similar issue have been able to get it resolved here, so I thought I'd give it a go. FYI I have checked the sticky post at the top of the forum ref Locked Email Accounts but the link there to reset passwords just redirects me to my Virgin Media account page.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2

jem101
Superstar

@kkarl wrote:

Snip...

but the link there to reset passwords just redirects me to my Virgin Media account page.

.....Snip

Yes thats right, sign in to your myvirginmedia.com account and from there you can reset the passwords for the primary email mailbox account and any secondary addresses you have set up. It'll work for the virginmedia.com and the legacy ntlworld.com, blueyonder.com and virgin.net domains

This supposes that you currently are with VM for broadband, if not then, I'm afraid the chances of the email being restored are slim and even then it will be temporary.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi kkarl

Thanks for your post 

Sorry to read the email account is still locked 

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L