Menu
scccukx
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Email Account Access

Hi, my virgin.net email has stopped working. I’ve called the help desk to be told it’s not linked to my account. Having been useing this address for years now I find that hard to believe you can’t find it. I have set another e mail address up, but I need this one working again. Can you please help

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to log into webmail

@scccukx wrote:

Hi, my virgin.net email has stopped working. I’ve called the help desk to be told it’s not linked to my account. Having been useing this address for years now I find that hard to believe you can’t find it. I have set another e mail address up, but I need this one working again. Can you please help

welcome scccukx.  You may have a different  problem to most of the people posting in this thread.  Did you move house or have a break in service?  Read this about orphan addresses and let us know more about your situation (don't post personal details, just general facts).  Can you log in to your billing account?  If properly linked, the addresses would show on the my profile tab (scroll down to my services) or on the manage accounts tab for secondary addresses.  When we know more, we can propose a solution (I hope).

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

my services.pngnew account.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
scccukx
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have been useing this e mail daily for years . It suddenly stopped working on the 26th june( last e mail received) . Nothing has changed in all the years previous to that. 

It was not being shown as my main e mail address for some reason when I go into virgin media account. It was shown as my main contact e mail. I have had to make a new e mail address in order to use this service. I had an ntlworld e mail address which does not work either. 

I used to be able to log in to check my e mails through virgin media, but I cannot do that now either. I am still a virgin media customer as I have a full bundle package and have done so for years. I haven’t had an interruption to this service either. I originally had an adsl line about 15 years ago, but switched to cable as soon as it was available. 

I hope this helps

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@scccukx wrote:

Hi, I have been useing this e mail daily for years . It suddenly stopped working on the 26th june( last e mail received) . Nothing has changed in all the years previous to that. 

It was not being shown as my main e mail address for some reason when I go into virgin media account. It was shown as my main contact e mail. I have had to make a new e mail address in order to use this service. I had an ntlworld e mail address which does not work either. 

I used to be able to log in to check my e mails through virgin media, but I cannot do that now either. I am still a virgin media customer as I have a full bundle package and have done so for years. I haven’t had an interruption to this service either. I originally had an adsl line about 15 years ago, but switched to cable as soon as it was available. 

I hope this helps

Yes, it sounds as if your email address was not transferred when you had that switch business.  The Forum Team (VM employees) can tell for sure.  They will send you a private message to get your personal details and pass security.  You should have them check if a Move & Transfer is a possibility (not always guaranteed).  But please be aware that if you want this, you can only keep the email addresses that went with your old account or the ones you have created in your new account.  They can't be mingled - that is just how the VM system is designed.

To the Forum Team - is it possible to hoick out the bits of conversation between scccukx and me (and whatever posts you make) into a new thread?  The problem is almost certainly not the same problem as this thread was meant to discuss, and then scccukx can be dealt with more simply and mark it as solved when you have helped him/her.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
scccukx
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. You have been a great help. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Scccukx, thank you for your post and sorry you're experiencing some email issues.

For this I'd like to take a look into some account specifics so will need to pass some security with you.

I'll pop you over a private message now with some security questions if you can answer these so I can investigate further.

Please respond to this by clicking the purple envelope in the top right.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos