cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email 403 forbidden error message

david_alton
On our wavelength

It is now 14 days since I have been able to access any of my e mail accounts .Ten of them (email adresses ) due to this fault .No one seems able to help and only promise call backs that either do not happen or call back try and then promise a further call back. This has cause me great expense and inconvenience to many people . I am sick and tired of being told "Well we emailed you " and having to explain that I do not have that service. I don't even think they believe me and when I tell them they will have to print it out ,put it in an envelope ,put a stamp on it and post it.Well I do not think people even know how to do that anymore. 

45 REPLIES 45

I can not log in using the link you have provided .The link responds with the same forbidden 403 error message . This loss of service is unacceptable

Hollie_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having these issues @david_alton 

I've been able to raise this issue under an IT ticket- I will pop back and let you know when I get an update on this. 

Email is a value added extra so we're not able to provide a loss of service credit for this. We'll have this fixed ASAP. Thank you for your patience. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Well my contract is up the end of November and I had already made provision to cancel the TV service service and the landline is only used to call Virgin to report faults.That's going.  Hence once I have discovered a way to download all of my saved emails, over 10 years worth we know how this will pan out.

Ce la vie.  

Hollie_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I'm sorry you feel this way @david_alton, we'd not want you to leave us. I appreciate having issues with the mail box is frustrating. We will get back to you ASAP with a resolution to the email issue. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Not your fault. Was going to keep the broadband but this will be the tipping  point to move on 

Still forbidden 403.

Let's see what tomorrow brings

ANOTHER DAY . DAY 16  WITHOUT ACCESS TO MY EMAILS. WHEN WILL THIS BE ESCALATED TO A COMPLAINT AND THE MATTER RESOLVED?

Very sorry you're still unable to access your mailbox david_alton,

The IT ticket is still open, and assigned to the correct team in order for it to be resolved.

They'll have this sorted asap.

Alex_Rm

Did you manage to get this resolved?

I'm getting the same problem, have spoken to someone this morning, who said that it would be fixed in an hour but obviously not done!!

Was on hold 3 times yesterday for 40mins at a time and spoke to no-one so reluctant to phone again.

any assistance would be appreciated

G

My issue has been going on for 4 weeks today. Lost count of the phone calls , engagements on twitter who referred me to try here I have had. It is a recurring fault .I have 10 email address's on my Virgin account  They randomly work or do not work without reason. A friend has set me up with outlook express and synced all the accounts and I get notifications when the lose snc and are unavailable.. No one has told me what is causing the problem but I can only say that if you can get into  the main account page and manage your email accounts change all of the passwords , you can use the same one .This seems to force a reset. that is at least as good as anything Virgin have managed to do .   How long it lasts is random but I have used this self help method many times. Give it a go. 

David