cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email 403 forbidden error message

david_alton
On our wavelength

It is now 14 days since I have been able to access any of my e mail accounts .Ten of them (email adresses ) due to this fault .No one seems able to help and only promise call backs that either do not happen or call back try and then promise a further call back. This has cause me great expense and inconvenience to many people . I am sick and tired of being told "Well we emailed you " and having to explain that I do not have that service. I don't even think they believe me and when I tell them they will have to print it out ,put it in an envelope ,put a stamp on it and post it.Well I do not think people even know how to do that anymore. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

david_alton
On our wavelength

Tried no 1.   Forbidden 403

Trying no 2 ...again same result 

Forbidden 403

May I add that my wife has tried on her laptop , her work computer and  her iphone.  I have also tried on 6 different Amazon fire sticks including using a VPN 

I have lost count of the number of times I have changed the passwords on all 10 email accounts and may I add that the last 2nd level tech who called me back on Saturday out of desperation I think asked me for my password and tried it from her pc. You can guess the result  FORBIDDEN 403  . She promised someone would call back . They didn't

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

45 REPLIES 45

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good Morning @david_alton

Thank you for taking the time to post. 

I would like to ask you to attempt a few things to see if they work, 

• Please could you first attempt to log in via this link https://mail2.virginmedia.com 
  • Secondly please could you try clearing your cache and cookies, if you would like some more information on how to do this you can find it here

Kind regards,

Zak_M

david_alton
On our wavelength

Tried no 1.   Forbidden 403

Trying no 2 ...again same result 

Forbidden 403

May I add that my wife has tried on her laptop , her work computer and  her iphone.  I have also tried on 6 different Amazon fire sticks including using a VPN 

I have lost count of the number of times I have changed the passwords on all 10 email accounts and may I add that the last 2nd level tech who called me back on Saturday out of desperation I think asked me for my password and tried it from her pc. You can guess the result  FORBIDDEN 403  . She promised someone would call back . They didn't

14 days without email and you seem to have resolved it in hours.

What was the problem? Please share for others.

Thank you by the way .I had given up.

David

Too good to be true.

Now having gone through all 10 of my email accounts I am still unable to access this one . 

[REMOVED] 

It is still forbidden 403

I have changed the password again ,just in case

Take another look please

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Well this is not good .Your fix lasted just over an hour and now I have a forbidden 403 error message on all 10 email adress's again same as for the past 14 days.

They have all failed now so back to how it was for the past 14 days. And you expect me to pay for a service I do not get. Time for me to move on and research a more liable email provider.

Hollie_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @david_alton 

Thanks for your reply. Sorry to hear that you've not been able to log in again. I appreciate this is frustrating for you. 

I'll private message you now to take some details and get this looked in to. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

This has gone down yet again hours after your last fix .  I am without access to emails  403 forbidden    error message . Something has to be done about this recurring problem. I have to find a reliable provider.