cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emai hacked and now inbox has gone. Unable to change password as cannot get in to virgin website.

pammybabe
Tuning in
  • An email was sent to all my contacts.  Now email inbox disappeared.  Unable to log in to virgin website to change password.
9 REPLIES 9

pammybabe
Tuning in

Can anyone help me.  It appears I should change my password but unable to sign into virgin website to do this.  Says service unavailable.  I’ve had this email address for as long as emails existed.  It’s an ntlworld address.  I going to be in a terrible fix if I can’t get it back.

Do you have a current virgin media broadband contract and account?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@pammybabe wrote:

Can anyone help me.  It appears I should change my password but unable to sign into virgin website to do this.  Says service unavailable.  I’ve had this email address for as long as emails existed.  It’s an ntlworld address.  I going to be in a terrible fix if I can’t get it back.

Have you tried following the instructions set out here for this situation:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes I have broadband and contract.  All was normal till this morning when my contacts received a strange email they thought was from me.

I can do a virus scan but can’t change password as I can’t log in to virgin media website.  It won’t let me sign in.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@pammybabe wrote:

I can do a virus scan but can’t change password as I can’t log in to virgin media website.  It won’t let me sign in.

The VM Forum Team staff should be able to advise further when they reach this thread in the morning.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @pammybabe,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am really sorry to hear that you're having some trouble accessing your Virgin Media email. I appreciate you're not able to perform a password reset, but if you haven't done so already can you please perform all of these checks here regarding virus scanning?

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

So what virus checker do I use.  I have iPhone and iPad also work laptop which will be virus checked.  Do I have to pay to get one.  Tried a free one but wanted email address which defeated the object.

Hi @pammybabe

Thank you for your response.

You can use any virus checker of your choice.

If you already have anti-virus software installed, you need to make sure that it is up to date with the latest version to maximise your protection.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide