cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMAIL access issue (Client email and Web Mail)

MiDu
Tuning in

Hello Team,

I've been using this NTLworld.com email account for many years and I have no 'child' accounts linked to this account. I've never had any issues with this account (either via Mozilla Thunderbird or Web Mail). Last week, on early morning Tuesday, I've signed in onto the email client as usually, I have checked my emails and I've sent a NEW email... all good so far. After an hour or so I have tried to send another email but I was prompted to re-enter my login password (I do not save passwords onto my local computer profile as a matter of security) and I was prompted to re-enter it...

After a few failed logins I have re-started my PC with no luck in sending/receiving any email on my NTLWorld.co account on the Email Client (same problem on Web Mail) while the same login details work fine on accessing MY VIRGIN MEDIA. Historically logging onto MY VIRGIN MEDIA would allow me direct access to me emails, not any more since Tuesday last week. I have used different computers and different browsers and the failure to access my emails via Web Mail is suggested by this standard message:

<< Your mailbox is not available at the moment.
Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.
If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary. >>

If I call from a Virgin Media landline (at home) on 150 I am constantly advised that there is a problem on my XYZ postcode... and YES, I am a Virgin Media user of Broadband/TV/Landline (bar Mobile).

My apologies for my lengthy email but I've tried to be as detailed as possible. Please help.

MiDu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MiDu thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you're having issues accessing your email accounts.  Have you tried resetting your password?  This usually works after 15-20 minutes after the reset.

Regards

Lee

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MiDu thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you're having issues accessing your email accounts.  Have you tried resetting your password?  This usually works after 15-20 minutes after the reset.

Regards

Lee

Why are VM still advising this nonsense of 10/15/20 minutes on these boards? More like an hour. Stop leading people up the garden path

Hello Lee_R,

Thanks for the reply/suggestion... resetting the profile was exactly what I was hoping that I can avoid (for my particular reasons) but I'll follow the advice and I'll report back.

@whitebake

You may be right... unfortunately 😢

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @MiDu,

Let us know how you get on and if you require any further assistance with this.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I confirm the issue fixed by resetting the login password (I've hoped to resolve the problem in any other way but it seems to be the only solution).

Thanks to all contributors!!