cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMAIL AUTHENTICATION ISSUE

R_G
Tuning in

Getting my credentials rejected this morning. Have checked all imap and smtp settings and all appear OK. Is there an issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @R_G

Thanks for your post - I'm sorry to hear of the email issue you're having at the moment.

If this is still persisting, please try the above advice from coenoby and if you still have no success, then please let us know and we'll be happy to assist further.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@R_G wrote:

Is there an issue?

The Virgin IMAP and SMTP servers all appear to be working fine if that is what you're asking. However, there is an issue in as much as some VM email users are finding that their email account has been locked by VM.

To check that try signing in to your VM email account directly from here https://mail.virginmedia.com 

If you get an error message, "Your mailbox is not available at the moment..................." it means your account has been locked by VM. That is what a lot of people are seeing at the moment.

You may well be able to resolve that by resetting your password from here  https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password  Enter your VM email address as the username and follow the prompts. 

Then leave it at least 30 minutes before trying to sign in to the account again and see if that gets you back in. If it does you should also be able to send and receive VM emails via the SMTP / IMAP servers in your email app but you will need to update the email password stored in your email app.😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @R_G

Thanks for your post - I'm sorry to hear of the email issue you're having at the moment.

If this is still persisting, please try the above advice from coenoby and if you still have no success, then please let us know and we'll be happy to assist further.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide