cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mailnot working

Jhayward
Tuning in

Good morning,
Since yesterday morning I have been unable to access my ntlworld e-mail. I am also unable to access the change password option.
I was able to access my virgin media account but now can't and my husband's ntl e-mail on the same account is unaffected. I tried calling Virgin Media yesterday but was unable to get through and really do not have the time to wait on the phone.
Please advise how to sort this out promptly.
Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jhayward, thanks for the message. 

I am happy that this is on the way to becoming resolved. Please let us know how  it goes tomorrow. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jhayward, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your email, can you confirm for me if you are an active customer with us?

Have you tried resetting the password here.

How do you normally log in to the email? What web client do you use?
Zoie

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. I am an active Virgin Media customer. I am unable to reset my password as it says my e-mail is inactive.

Sorry, I do not understand what you mean by web client?

My e-mail is habitually downloaded via an app on my Samsung phone but I do sometimes login on the website on my laptop via chrome.

I am unable to login to the website or my e-mail on anything although my husband's e-mail on the same account is working normally.

Regards,

Julie

H Jhayward, thanks for the message. 

I am sorry to hear that you have been having issues logging in and will send you a PM so that this can be looked into further. 

Please look out for the purple envelope. 

Kind regards, Chris

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jhayward, thanks for the message. 

I am happy that this is on the way to becoming resolved. Please let us know how  it goes tomorrow. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately the problem with my e-mail has not been rectified and I am getting a little fed up to be honest! I have had this email address for 20 years and never had a problem before. I can still login to my account but when ai try to login to e-mail the message on the attached screenshot shows.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jhayward,

Thanks for coming back to us and we're sorry to hear that this issue is still ongoing. 

I've taken a look at the system and I can see that our IT team is still working on resolving this issue further for you. 

Please keep an eye on the mailbox over the weekend and let us know how you get on. We're here to help further if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The issue is still not resolved and it will be 2 weeks tomorrow since I could access my e-mai!

Hi @Jhayward,

I am incredibly sorry to hear that this issue is ongoing for you. Can you please try resetting the password to the account? You will need to change it to something that is unique and has never been used for that account before.

Once you've changed it, you will need to then wait at least 30 minutes before attempting to log in with the new password that you have set. Please try once the 30 minutes have definitely passed, and let us know how you get on either way.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

As I have stated in the thread several times before I am unable to reset my password as my e-mail address is not being recognised. When I try to do it by security questions it tells me the answers are incorrect when they are definitely right!

Please see attached screen shots.

It stopped working 2 weeks ago today and I just seem to be going round in circles!

Screenshot_20230214-173121_Chrome.jpg

20230221_091853.jpg