cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail hacked so want a new e-mail?

highwaystar
Tuning in

My old blueyonder.co.uk email is linked to my Facebook page which has clearly been hacked.  I would like to dump the blueyonder e-mail and get a more up to date one if that is possible?

Gerry 

6 REPLIES 6

highwaystar
Tuning in

Hi

I hoped you don't mind me coming in on the back of this, I have a post that hasn't been replied to.

I do have a full virgin package and an old blueyonder.co.uk account that I have used for years.  It is linked to a facebook page I have that has been hijacked and I would love to find a way to end this.  I was hoping I could get a new valid e-mail, preferably that doesn't involve me accessing the old account?

Gerry

highwaystar
Tuning in

Can someone please look at this?!  any password change is gone by the next access.  I think this is because the e-mail is linked to a hacked Facebook page.  I can't stop this and I think the e-mail needs deleted (if possible) and a new one allocated?

Gerry Boyd

My blueyonder e-mail is linked to a Facebook page that has been hacked.  Whoever is using it (possibly through a dummy hotmail.com address I think from what I saw in my Facebook) has stopped me from deleting the Facebook page and clearly has control over the blueyonder e-mail for sign-in.

Can I get this blueyonder e-mail deleted and a new one set-up? (I have a topic in the Email board about this as well, sorry if I am messing this up!)

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

THREADS MERGED - Its against forum rules to post multiple threads on the same subject. Staff should be able to close the old email down, but BY is a legacy platform so you will either have to set up a new Virgin Media address or use a third party like Gmail.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply and apologies for the multiple threads.  Is it just a case of waiting for someone in the team to pick this thread up to delete the e-mail?

Hi highwaystar,

Welcome to the Community Forums, thank you for your post.

I'm very sorry to hear that your Facebook account has been hacked - I can appreciate your concern for your email account since it's attached to your Facebook account.

Unfortunately, if this is the primary email address on your account with us, we aren't able to delete the email address. However we can certainly help change the password and security information for you to help secure the account.

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take some more details and look into this for you.

Beth

Beth