cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail account "blocked"

AS
On our wavelength

Good afternoon

This morning, after having the same e-mail account for years and sending and receiving messages, Outlook suddenly demanded the password, which did not pass. Webmail similary "off". Following the intructions given I logged in to this secondary account and changed the password.

After a trip to the shops for sustenance, my iPad and Windows 10 client picked up a message announcing "successful passowrd change" (even though I had not changed the password on these devices/apps), and my other messages.

I deleted the account on Outlook and set up a new account same name. Despite carefully entering the new password we went round in circles be constantly asked to enter the password.

Okay so I can get my e-mails but I am used to Outlook! All suggestions gratefully received, obviously.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello AS

Sorry to hear fo the issues you're experiencing accessing your email via Outlook, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

From looking at your account we can see you have spoken to a member of the team since your post, were they able to help resolve the issue for you?

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello AS

Sorry to hear fo the issues you're experiencing accessing your email via Outlook, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

From looking at your account we can see you have spoken to a member of the team since your post, were they able to help resolve the issue for you?

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rob

AS
On our wavelength

Without great hopes after reading previous posts I called 150 and after only a brief bout of soul deadening voicemail advice was connected to a very switched on lady who knew exactly what I was talking about, pointed me to a 'How to..." webpage and I managed to re-establish the e-mail account. An earlier e-mail from Virgin had indicated I might have a problem with malware, which seemed unlikely but I checked it anyway. I changed my password as advised.

Oddly, access via Ipad and Windows 10 mail client was restored without any intervention on my part, but Outlook took a bit more effort!

Thank you very much for your reply AS

Glad its all back to normal now for you 

if it does happen again

Quick virus scan on all devices that access email and change the password to one that has not been used before 

Gareth_L

I'm getting the same problem, what was the "how to" webpage you used?