cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Mail issue

MalandBren75
Dialled in

Trying to send an email from my @Blueyonder account and keep getting message that no password is set in settings. I have checked and there is a password there, is there an issue at the moment it also seems I cannot receive emails

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MalandBren75 wrote:

Trying to access via My VM it is saying my mailbox is not available at the moment.

In which case follow the steps set out here: Email accounts locked, mailbox unable, unable to a... - Virgin Media Community - 4808847

Wait for at least 30 minutes before retrying the account in webmail.  Once you have access via webmail back change the password in the email client to the new one that you have set for the account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

MalandBren75
Dialled in

Further to my previous question, I have tried ringing VM but cannot get anyone to answer the phone. My emails @blueyonder were working fine until this morning and when I attempt to read or send an email I get the following message "Account Error - No password provided for blueyonder .co.uk go to settings and enter a password". I have checked and there is a password as I have not been into settings to alter anything, can someone from VM contact me on this forum please.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MalandBren75  What error message, if any, do you get when accessing the blueyonder address directly via the VM Mail webpage? https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

I get the following message "Account Error - No password provided for blueyonder .co.uk go to settings and enter a password". I have checked and there is a password as I have not been into settings to alter anything,

Trying to access via My VM it is saying my mailbox is not available at the moment.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MalandBren75 wrote:

In which case follow the steps set out here: Email accounts locked, mailbox unable, unable to a... - Virgin Media Community - 4808847

Wait for at least 30 minutes before retrying the account in webmail.  Once you have access via webmail back change the password in the email client to the new one that you have set for the account.

Sorted thank you