cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Mail Down Again

Sullywine
Tuning in

Once again Virgin fail. Ive been without incoming and outgoing e-mails all day and no sign or information as to when it will be resumed. This morning, Virgin acknowledged there was a fault and suggested it would be fixed by 3.30pm but you know Virgin, as reliable as a chocolate teapot. Its now nearly 4.45pm and they suggest I should try again in one hour, for what Ive gleaned from this company this problem will still be present tomorrow as their engineers, certainly their maintenance engineers, in my opinion, are not that geared up for modern technology. Why else would this billion pound company constantly get faults which take days to rectify, I rest my case. Not a happy bunny [REMOVED]  

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

7 REPLIES 7

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Sullywine,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you've been having some e-mail service issues recently. I can see from what you've mentioned in your post that we've informed you this should be rectified. Can you confirm if this issue is ongoing today?

If the problem is still present, would you mind confirming if you're also having this issue via our webmail platform or is it just via a mail client like Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Apple Mail, etc.?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thank you Zac for your reply. After mucking up outlook in my attempt to get my send/receive e-mails working again, one of my accounts started working around 8pm yesterday. My main account I use (secondary with Virgin) I eventually got working this morning. Regards Michael

Thank you for letting us know @Sullywine and I'm so glad to hear that the emails are back up and running now! If you can remember what steps you took to achieve this then please do update us via the forum post so we can advise others! 

Please don't hesitate to comment back should you require any further assistance at all! 

Thank you again.

I haven't received any emails since 31st August, what is going on????

I've had to change my password again because someone has managed to hack in and were sending spam emails from my account.

When I check my email online there is nothing past 31st August.  I am due information regarding this weekend's Great North Run which is coming to this address.

I have checked two different devices as well as a browser.

All fixed now. It took a couple of days and my Outlook had to be rectified after I mucked it up thinking it was this program was stopping me receiveing and sending my e-mails but it is all good now. Thank you to all those who replied. Michael

Hi Sullywine, 

Thanks for taking the time to come back to us and let us know that things are resolved for you now. 

If you have any further issues, please pop back and let us know. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs