cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate mails

daedalus
On our wavelength

When I set up my email account a number of years ago you could set up I think it was called an alias under your main mail email address. This has been working all the time when I used Office Outlook 2016 and also Outlook 2019 and when receiving a mail to my main email address it just showed the email . However, I have had to move to another laptop running Office Outlook 2021. I copied all the POP setting for the main email address and the 'alias' and both set up OK. However, now when I receive a mail to my main email address I get a copy of the same mail to the alias.

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@daedalus Alias addresses share the same mailbox as the parent.

I suspect that on your previous Outlook setups you had the send/receive function set to only download from the main address. If you download from both the parent and the alias you will get duplicates as your describe.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @daedalus 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue and thank you so much to Graham_A for their help and advise on this. 

Have you been able to check and see if the settings to see if download is also set up on the alias?