cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download my Blueyonder emails

Daisy3
Tuning in

Hi

Is it possible to download all my blueyonder emails? if so how.  I've got about 15-20 yrs of emails saved in folders I would like to hang onto.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
If you don't already have an email program like Outlook then download the free email client/app Thunderbird. It will auto configure for VM mail when you run it. Make sure that when you are asked to chose you select IMAP as the option for incoming mail. Click on the IMAP subscriptions button in web mail and select the folders you want to download.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
If you don't already have an email program like Outlook then download the free email client/app Thunderbird. It will auto configure for VM mail when you run it. Make sure that when you are asked to chose you select IMAP as the option for incoming mail. Click on the IMAP subscriptions button in web mail and select the folders you want to download.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Will this allow me to download all the old emails. That I might loose if I leave VM.  

HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus

Yes - if you select the relevant folders in web mail when you select IMAP subscriptions.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Relying on an IMAP email client to “hang onto” emails is a mistake; any detrimental change on the server will be reflected to IMAP clients when they next synchronise with the server. Copy important emails to local folders and make sure to include them in your backup scheme.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks