cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does not sort the problem though

daveg3
Joining in

As someone sending out 100 emails to genuine club members who wish to receive them other than leaving Virgin and going elsewhere how can i stop this happening???

Who do i speak to?

My  anti malware and anti virus all working fine and i am very suspicious of any email i get!!!

Daveg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@daveg3 wrote:

As someone sending out 100 emails to genuine club members who wish to receive them other than leaving Virgin and going elsewhere how can i stop this happening???

Unfortunately, Virgin Media seem to have removed the link to their Help Sheet which went into great detail on the sending limits of a VM email account. It was here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-email-sending-limits but good luck finding it. I cannot! 😕

However, as far as I know  the limit when you send from an email app or client (such as Outlook for example) is.  or at least was,exactly 100 recipients per message but sending emails using the VM webmail service the limit was 500 recipients.

However, in addition to those individual message limits VM also enforce daily and hourly sending limits. Those can be quite low if you are sending from overseas but from your own home network it is rarely an issue. As far as I am aware the details of those daily limits are not publicly available.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Corey_C

Hi daveg3,

It looks like we have replied to your other post of the same query.

Cheers,

Corey C

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@daveg3 wrote:

Unfortunately, Virgin Media seem to have removed the link to their Help Sheet which went into great detail on the sending limits of a VM email account. It was here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-email-sending-limits but good luck finding it. I cannot! 😕

However, as far as I know  the limit when you send from an email app or client (such as Outlook for example) is.  or at least was,exactly 100 recipients per message but sending emails using the VM webmail service the limit was 500 recipients.

However, in addition to those individual message limits VM also enforce daily and hourly sending limits. Those can be quite low if you are sending from overseas but from your own home network it is rarely an issue. As far as I am aware the details of those daily limits are not publicly available.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

thanks it seems to have stopped now so fingers crossed.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @daveg3,

Thanks for coming back to us. We're glad to hear that this issue has now stopped. 

Please keep us updated on how you're getting on and let us know if you need any further assistance, and we'll do all we can to help. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs