cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulties with Virgin Media Email

RichardKempa
Joining in

Greetings to All,

I've been a VM customer for decades - until recently very happy. Latterly (6 months or so) I've had recurring Email difficulties:

1. Using Outlook, 'Send / Receive Failure'.  This on 3 different Windows 10 machines. On these machines, this occurs when using / when not usuing a VPN.

2. Access to Webmail (via My Virgin Media) 'Forbidden'.  This on 4 different Windows 10 machines and 3 different Android mobile devices. On these machines, this occurs when using / when not usuing a VPN.

3. Frequent 'Mailbox Unavailable' message, which appears to coincide with Outlook failure.

Can anyone advise me? Am I doing something wrong?  (I've not changed anything for at least 5 years.)

Thanks in anticipation.

Richard Kempa

9 REPLIES 9

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi RichardKempa,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you've been having with your email address. 

I have taken a look on our side and it does look as though you have spoken with the team regarding this previously. 

What was previously advised with regards to this?

^Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I spoke to VM some weeks ago.  The problem was cured within about 30 minutes. (I received no explanation of the cause.)

About 2 weeks later, access to Webmail was 'Forbidden' again, although Outlook access functioned correctly.

4 days ago everything stopped again.  The Webmail message changed to 'Mailbox Unavailable'.

2 days ago everything started working again - I did nothing!

I found that phone contact with VM took ages, so I decided to contact the Community instead.

Although I can't imagine what it might be, I wonder if the cause lies at my end.

Your advice will be appreciated.

Yours,

Richard Kempa

Thank you for confirming that @RichardKempa
Does this happen on multiple devices or just the one device? Are you able to see if you can access your emails successfully without issue on a different device?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

From the original post:

1. Using Outlook, 'Send / Receive Failure'.  This on 3 different Windows 10 machines. On these machines, this occurs when using / when not usuing a VPN.

2. Access to Webmail (via My Virgin Media) 'Forbidden'.  This on 4 different Windows 10 machines and 3 different Android mobile devices. On these machines, this occurs when using / when not usuing a VPN.

To the OP:

Have you tried following the advice provided here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema... to change your password?

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

It happens across multiple devices - both Windows 10 and Android.  It happens when using and when not using a VPN.

Had some advice from Sololobo, which I'll try (Reset Password).

Let's see what happens.

Thanks for messaging.

Richard K.

I'll follow your advice and see what happens.
I've never had a message (email) saying that my email has been locked.
But I suspose I woundn't if my mail has been locked?
Thanks.
Richard K.

Thank you for letting us know @RichardKempa.

Have you had any luck with the advice given by @Sololobo? If not please let us know so we can best help from here.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

To Akua_A:

Thanks for your message.

Since joining the Forum I've had no further difficulties.  If / when they reoccur, I'll follow the advice to change my password.

I'll let the Forum know the outcome!

Richard K.

Thank you @RochardKempa and that's great to hear.

Should you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to let us know and we will do all we can to assist.