Menu
fedup007
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Delivery Status Notification.

If I send a message to my iCloud email address  from Virgin web mail I receive it.

Until yesterday if I sent a message totmy iCloud account from my MacBook or iPhone using apple mail the message was sent. As from this morning I get a delivery status notification see below.

None of my settings on my devices have been changed. 

Please can someone explain to me in plain English what I need to do to rectify this problem? 

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.      

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

* [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

Reason: This is the mail system at host know-smtprelay-10-imp.

I am sorry to have to inform you that your message, "test3", could not be delivered to [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

Your message have been determined to be suspicious due to non-compliance with the SPF or DMARC policy for the domain icloud.com, which this message appears to have originated from.

If you are the owner of this domain, then please refer to the below forum post for corrective action:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Sending-email-using-your-own-domain/td-p/3716147

Otherwise please contact the domain administrator for assistance

The remote server returned the below error when attempting delivery:

550:550 5.1.1 <[MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]>: user does not exist

Reporting-MTA: dns; know-smtprelay-10-imp [62.252.172.20]
Received-From-MTA: dns; [192.168.0.12] [80.3.20.93]
Arrival-Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 16:57:54 +0100

Final-recipient: rfc822; [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.1.1 <[MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]>: user does not exist

Last-attempt-Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 16:57:59 +0100

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delivery Status Notification.

@fedup007 

If you check the email address that you have quoted in an email address checker such as mailtester.com it returns the result that the email address does not exist on the icloud server.

So, either you are mistyping the email address or it has been deleted from your account by Apple.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos