cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of email account

Ljm1979
Joining in

Hi, I have an old virginmedia email which I can send and receive from but cannot log into the account, it says my email address isn't recognised?

I am no longer a virginmedia customer so I'm finding it impossible to get through to anyone for help.

This email has been hacked and I'm getting all sorts of messages and blackmail and wish to delete the account, however I can't because I can't even log into it.

Can someone help please.

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ljm1979 wrote:

Can someone help please.

Yes!

Even though you are not a VM broadband customer the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) can arrange to get that old email account deleted completely for you.

One of the team will contact you via this thread in the next day or so and take your details via the forum's Private Message (PM) facility.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ljm1979,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear your mailbox has been hacked and you've not had much luck getting help.

We would usually delete email accounts after 90 days from when you leave us so apologies if this has been missed.

I'm going to drop you a PM now to confirm some details and I'll get it raised an IT ticket raised with our support team so the mailbox can be deleted.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message.

Hope to hear from you soon 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for you time via PM @Ljm1979,

I have raised an IT ticket to  get the mailbox deleted as per your request. The turnaround is usually 5 - 7 working days but can be a lot sooner too 🙂

As soon as I hear back from the team, I will follow up with you. 

Many thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thank you so much, would appreciate you confirming when this is complete as I now cannot even get into the account to check anything.

Thank you

Hi @Ljm1979,

Just following up with you to confirm the mailbox has been deleted as requested 🙂

If you need help with anything else, just give me a shout.

Cheers

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thank you so much!

Hi @Ljm1979 - you're very welcome!

I'll be sure to pass your kind words on.

Take care.

Tom_W