cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting my ntlworld email address

OneCarefulOwner
Tuning in

Apologies if this is going over old ground but ...

I have an ntlworld.com  account which has been used for fraud.

The trouble is that this account is tied to my original Broadband and TV setup.

I would like to delete the ntlworld.com account but I wonder what will happen to my contract with VM.

I am now using a virginmedia.com email.

Would it be possible to tie my VM contract to an email such as gmail or do I have to associate it with a virginmedia.com email.?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@OneCarefulOwner wrote:

Thank you Jodi.

If I stop using and logging in to this original and primary address, will my VM account be unaffected?

I seem to remember reading that if I do not log in to my primary account 'regularly' then my account will be closed - is that right?

If the above is true then I will have to cease using VM, as there seems no way you can transfer my account.

With regards,

Ian

Have a look at the VM Acceptable Use Policyhttps://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/acceptable-use-policy Section 6, Email Use, in particular 6.5 to 6.9

These conditions appear to apply to any and all VM provided email addresses, with no exceptions, even if the address is your primary one.

In effect you are correct in your belief that your VM primary email address should be suspended after 90 days of non use and deleted after 150 days.

It's worth noting that only your VM email address should be suspended/deleted, not your VM broadband account!

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi OneCarefulOwner,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're ntlworld email address has been compromised. Unfortunately, as this email address is your original and primary email address, we would not be able to delete this email address for you as you still have an active account with us.

We can delete any secondary email addresses but not primary. Can we ask if you have changed the password on your primary email account? If not please follow the link here.

If you wish to create and alternative email address like a gmail account and have your Virgin media bills be sent to this this address instead, this is something that can do by logging on to your online account and follow the instructions here.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thank you Jodi.

If I stop using and logging in to this original and primary address, will my VM account be unaffected?

I seem to remember reading that if I do not log in to my primary account 'regularly' then my account will be closed - is that right?

If the above is true then I will have to cease using VM, as there seems no way you can transfer my account.

With regards,

Ian

Hello,

The primary email is tied to your broadband account. We would not close your account with us if you did not use the email address. 

As long as you have secured the email account by resetting your password using the link provided by Jodi, I wouldn't worry.

Kind Regards

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@OneCarefulOwner wrote:

Thank you Jodi.

With regards,

Ian

Have a look at the VM Acceptable Use Policyhttps://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/acceptable-use-policy Section 6, Email Use, in particular 6.5 to 6.9

These conditions appear to apply to any and all VM provided email addresses, with no exceptions, even if the address is your primary one.

In effect you are correct in your belief that your VM primary email address should be suspended after 90 days of non use and deleted after 150 days.

It's worth noting that only your VM email address should be suspended/deleted, not your VM broadband account!

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Ayisha_B

Thank you, I will stop using the ntlworld.com address and see what happens.

Ian

Many thanks Sololobo, I will ditch the ntlworld email.

Ian