Menu
ajclark
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Deleting a Virgin Email Address

How do I delete an old virgin.net email address or at least stop it auto forwarding to my new gmail address?  I have forgotten the log-in username and password.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Deleting a Virgin Email Address

@ajclark wrote:

How do I delete an old virgin.net email address or at least stop it auto forwarding to my new gmail address? 

I take it that you are no longer a Virgin Media Broadband Customer?

If that is true then it will need the help of a Forum Team member (VM employee) to sort that out for you.

Just sit tight and  they will get to this post but be aware that may take a day or two.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Before the Forum Team reach this thread please confirm whether you are a VM customer or not. I think we know the answer but it will speed up the whole process if we have a positive answer. If you are a customer please say if you can see the address in My Virginmedia, where, of course, you can delete it yourself. Thanks.

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
ajclark
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am no longer a Virginmedia customer and I cannot access my old Virginmedia account.

coenoby
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@ajclark wrote:

I am no longer a Virginmedia customer and I cannot access my old Virginmedia account.

Thanks for confirming that.

Just to clarify, your email account should have been automatically deleted by VM (probably a long time ago!). However,the reason that you are still seeing emails autoforwarded to your new email account is that the VM account deletion process has not being completed fully .

The VM Forum Team should be able to arrange for your old  email account to be fully deleted from the VM system which will put an end to those annoying autoforwarded emails you are seeing.
Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer