Menu
Highlighted
Lowertownlarry
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Deleting a Virgin Email Address

Having had a Virgin email address for some years, I now receive more rubbish than genuine emails.  I want to delete the address.  I can see that deleting a secondary address is easy, but not the primary address.  How should I go about that?  I assume that deletion of the primary address will involve cancellation of the secondary addresses?

0 Kudos
SDC
Super solver
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deleting a Virgin Email Address

@Lowertownlarry wrote:

...  I assume that deletion of the primary address will involve cancellation of the secondary addresses?

Not quite.

Deletion of the primary VM email account/address involves cancellation of the whole VM broadband account.

Basically, when you take out a VM broadband account, your primary email account is inextricably linked to it.

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
A dog is for life, not just for Christmas.
A VM email account is NOT for life, its maximum span is the duration of its associated VM broadband account + 90 days.
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
Lowertownlarry
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I don't have a broadband account with Virgin.  I only have an email account.  How do I delete it?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Then you will have to wait here for a member of the VM Forum Team to reach this thread and help you. There is nothing you can do. And it is advisable not to post again or you will go to the back of the queue!

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
DaveM
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Wait for the forum staff to get to you, takes about a week and I'm sure they'll sort it out for you.

Dave

"The late great Douglas Adams: A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
0 Kudos
coenoby
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

EDITED TO SAY

Apologies,

the news that the OP does not have a broadband account makes everything I said obsolete.

Coenoby

(I took a phone call in the middle of composing my original post and did not check back before posting):smileyembarrassed:

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
SDC
Super solver
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@Lowertownlarry wrote:

I don't have a broadband account with Virgin...

In that case, you no longer have the access-rights to admin or use any of what were your VM email accounts, whether primary or secondary. As the others have said, you need to wait for the Forum Team.

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
A dog is for life, not just for Christmas.
A VM email account is NOT for life, its maximum span is the duration of its associated VM broadband account + 90 days.
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

if you no longer have an account why not just stop checking the account. Delete it from any phones/clients and forget it 🙂

Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Lowertownlarry,

Having had a Virgin email address for some years, I now receive more rubbish than genuine emails.  I want to delete the address.  I can see that deleting a secondary address is easy, but not the primary address.  How should I go about that?  I assume that deletion of the primary address will involve cancellation of the secondary addresses?

Yes. Once I submit a removal request to I.T. the whole service should be removed, inclusive of all associated email addresses. This will inevitably happen at some point anyway, but I'll be happy to get it sorted out for you. Just respond to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll get back to you.

Regards,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Lowertownlarry
Joining in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen

Having access to the Virgin IT team it seems that you are indeed able to get addresses deleted.  Are you a part of Virgin Media or simply have access to them?  My address is all ready to be deleted, having migrated to another address; however, my wife has a secondary address on my account and I just need to move her's across to another address.  As soon as I have done that I will get back to you.

Thanks very much for your help.

0 Kudos