cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Deleting Old Blueyonder Email Addresses

Qwert75552
Joining in

Hi, 

I left Virgin Media over 6 years ago and I was told that any email accounts linked to my account would be closed when I left.To this day, I am still receiving emails sent to the old blueyonder.co.uk addresses and one of these email addresses now looks to have been compromised.

I have tried customer services/ customer complaints but I'm getting no help at all. I just require all accounts, that were linked to my account to be deleted forever.

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Qwert75552,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your old email accounts after leaving our services. We can understand the frustration caused and want to best help.

I have sent you a private message in regards to this. Please lookout for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, 

I replied to a private message from your support team (Travis) yesterday but have yet to receive a reply. After raising this issue on the 18th Nov, I'm still receiving emails to the blueyonder email address. Your support team reported the email as now closed.  This is not the case as I received another email sent to the blueyonder email address again today. Can this be passed back to your support team to look into this again.

Thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Qwert75552

Sorry to hear you have not yet received a response to your private message. I have checked the IT ticket and the mailbox has been marked as deleted. As you are still receiving emails, I have raised another ticket now to remove the mailboxes, please allow up to 5 days for the IT team to respond to the ticket.

Kind regards,

Serena

Thanks Serena

No problem @Qwert75552

Thank you so much for your response. Are you able to let us know if you are still receiving these emails? 

Thanks again.

Hi Ash_C,

Yes, still receiving these emails. Received another one this morning.

im having the same problems. i was assured 9 days ago my old blueyonder email would be shut down and then again 2 to 3 days ago was told it had been done but still getting emails to the one i asked to be shut down. hopefully might be done when hopefully tomorrow work for most at virgin media will resume but good luck with yours qwert75552.

Hi ernie2009,

It does make me wonder why this is taking so long to close an old legacy mailbox down? I left virgin media over 5 years ago and was informed  that all mailboxes linked to this account would be closed down once the account was deactivated. This forum has provided me with more support than was previously provided by calling up the helpline and also sending emails.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Qwert75552,

Thank you for coming back. I have checked on the IT ticket and it is marked as resolved. Are you still receiving emails for these mailboxes? They are marked as deleted now.

Are you able to log out and log back into the mailboxes at all?

Please let us know if you can.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs