Menu
Highlighted
Mickyboy
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Deleting Blueyonder email addresses

Hi this is my first post - so please be gentle with me!

I am now with virginmedia rather than Blueyonder as previously but I still have some blueyonder email addresses that I would like to delete as I am receiving spam through them.  I still log in with my blueyonder email address but it and other blueyonder addresses only now show up in the virgin media mail in My Profile which is not accessible and do not show up in the manage accounts to delete, can you please advise?

0 Kudos
coenoby
Well-informed
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deleting Blueyonder email addresses

@Mickyboy wrote:

please be gentle with me!

I'm shocked by your implication Mickyboy, we're all as gentle as new born lambs hereSmiley Surprised

The Forum Team (Virgin Media employees) will be able to sort this out for you and arrange for your old email accounts to be deleted. However, it will take them a few days to pick up this post.

In the meantime do not mark this post as a 'Helpful Answer' because they will take that to mean that the problem has been solved and therefore assume no action is required.

Just be patient and help will arrive.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Mickyboy
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Coenoby lets hope so!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Mickyboy,

From your description I believe I know what the issue is.

Blueyonder mailboxes had a unique set up, consisting of a mailbox (with a system generated default username) and up to 3 associated alias's.

They all share the same password and can only be managed as one, not individually.

If these are linked to your primary mailbox then there is no option to delete via My Virgin Media, though the alias's are referenced on the My Profile tab, under My Services.

by1.jpgby2.jpg

I hope this makes sense. Fortunately other legacy domains (virgin.net & ntlworld.com) have more user-friendly mailboxes - 1 email address to a mailbox and 1 password.

If you're happy to have the primary and its associated alias's deleted then we could submit a request to I.T. To remove a primary though is not normal process and there is no guarantee the request would be actioned, though I'd be happy to try.

I shall send you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to gather more details and clear security. Reply when you can and I'll see what we can do.

Kind regards,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Mickyboy
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your support Jen. All now appears to be much beter! thanks again!

0 Kudos
TonyBarra
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I want to delete my old blueyonder email address. I have not used it for years and am not able to access it. I am receiving more jonk mail than ever via it to my new email address. I just want to delete it please.

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@TonyBarra wrote:

I want to delete my old blueyonder email address. I have not used it for years and am not able to access it. I am receiving more jonk mail than ever via it to my new email address. I just want to delete it please.

Hi Tony - this is the third time you have requested this.  Your request (https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Deleting-old-blueyonder-email-account/m-p/3897090) will be dealt with by the Forum Team in date order.  Please don't keep posting as it causes confusion.

Best wishes, Miss Pasko

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

TonyBarra

You had an answer on how the process works here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Deleting-old-blueyonder-email-account/td-p/3897090

It is poor Forum etiquette to jump in on another thread to repeat your question no matter how important you think the issue is to yourself. You will need to take your turn in the queue. You will get a response from the VM Forum Team - but not like this.

-----------------------

Superuser since 2015/16
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
mrmattlowe
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello Jen,

I seem to be having a similar issue. My blueyonder email address shows in 'My Profile - My Services' and I need to delete it please. I'm bombarded by spam email and I need it to stop please. Can you help please?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@mrmatlowe

You have jumped in on a closed thread for no good reason other than it has the same the same issue as you have. Really bad etiquette - sorry to say. Jen_A is shortly to leave VM and will NOT look at this post, which is likely to be ignored anyway because it is appended to a closed thread.

May I suggest that you start your own thread which can then be picked up properly and dealt with?

-----------------------

Superuser since 2015/16
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.