cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted emails only stored for a week

ChrisBramley178
Joining in

Hi,

Was in Virgin Media email this morning (Thursday) and needed to access an email which I had received 2 weeks ago and then deleted (also 2 weeks ago). However, I found the Trash folder only contains emails going back 1 week, so the email I needed wasn't available.

Two questions:
1. Can I recover this deleted email, and all other deleted emails more than a week old?
2. Does VM limit the amount of time deleted emails are held in the Trash folder to 1 week as a matter of course, for all account holders?

I have a blueyonder email address and typically access my email account at https://mail.virginmedia.com using Chrome on an Apple Macbook Air running macOS Ventura.

Thankyou

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ChrisBramley178 wrote:

Hi,

Was in Virgin Media email this morning (Thursday) and needed to access an email which I had received 2 weeks ago and then deleted (also 2 weeks ago). However, I found the Trash folder only contains emails going back 1 week, so the email I needed wasn't available.

Two questions:
1. Can I recover this deleted email, and all other deleted emails more than a week old?
2. Does VM limit the amount of time deleted emails are held in the Trash folder to 1 week as a matter of course, for all account holders?

I have a blueyonder email address and typically access my email account at https://mail.virginmedia.com using Chrome on an Apple Macbook Air running macOS Ventura.

Thankyou

1. No they cannot be recovered.
  2. Yes, the seven day rule applies to all VM Mail accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ChrisBramley178 wrote:

Hi,

Two questions:

Thankyou

1. No they cannot be recovered.
  2. Yes, the seven day rule applies to all VM Mail accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks