cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted Email Address

Dtprop
Joining in

I had 2 sign in accounts with virgin, when I rang the other day to sort something unrelated the lady asked why I had 2.  I told her I’ve no idea it’s just always been that way, one was a Primary account I had to log into to view bills but have never used the email address for that one.  The other was a secondary account but is the one I have always used for emails for over 20 years.

the lady said she could merge the 2 into one but has actually managed to delete the email that I have used to run a business from home for over 20 years.  We got cut off the phone call whilst doing this so I don’t actually know if she knew how to finish off what she started.   Since then (last Friday) I have no email address and have spent over 15 hours over the last few days on the phone to virgin.  Nobody is listening to what I am actually trying to tell Them and they just keep saying my email has not been deleted even though I received an email on the Primary account saying that it had been ( by the lady from Virgin)  they have now told me it could be another 7 days( bear in mind I receive all works orders to that email)  and I am not even sure that they will get it fixed

Does anyone out there know if there will be any way of getting my account back?

it has been escalated to another dept as tech support don’t know what to do.  Not sure if I have explained this very well - my head is mashed with it all!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello there Dtprop, first of all thank you for your forum post and welcome to the Virgin Media forums!
So sorry to hear you're experiencing this email issue and haven't got anywhere since, definitely not what we want to hear!
We do apologise for any inconvenience caused from this and I can give you the ticket number over a personal message, watch our for the purple envelope inviting you in 🙂

Thanks.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello there Dtprop, first of all thank you for your forum post and welcome to the Virgin Media forums!
So sorry to hear you're experiencing this email issue and haven't got anywhere since, definitely not what we want to hear!
We do apologise for any inconvenience caused from this and I can give you the ticket number over a personal message, watch our for the purple envelope inviting you in 🙂

Thanks.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I already have a ticket number for it which was escalated last week apparently, I just don’t think they understand what I am telling them as they just keep saying I need a password reset which I obviously can’t do as I can’t get into the email to verify the reset as the account has been deleted.  Will they be able to get the deleted account back?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For information for anyone reading this thread, it is currently entirely possible for a VM broadband customer to have up to ten different My Virgin Media sign in combinations of email address and password.

This would be one for the primary account and then potentially 9 secondary accounts.

@Dtprop It would seem that the agent that you spoke to did not understand this.  I have no idea what they have done in 'merging' the accounts.  Equally I don't know if the IT team will be able to undo it to restore the secondary account.

@Ilyas_Y should be able to follow this up for you.

I should also add that using a VM email address as your main business address is not a good idea and is likely to be against the Terms and Conditions signed up to.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks