Menu
Highlighted
apple5
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Delete old virgin.net address

Could someone from the VM forum team please help me delete two old virgin.net email addresses?  I have written twice to Virgin Complaints.  The first time I wrote they closed access to the account but left the email addresses. I wrote again, and have just had a phone call saying that Virgin Media cannot do this as the addresses were sold to Talk Talk and I had to speak to them.  One 20 minute phone call later, Talk Talk tell me that I have been misinformed and that I need to speak to Virgin Media.  Surely it cannot be that difficult.

0 Kudos
SDC
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delete old virgin.net address

The Forum Team should be able to arrange closure for you, they can ensure that the deletion process is completed properly and quickly. Keep an eye on this thread, one of them should contact you here but you'll have to be patient - it might take several days depending on their workload. Don't be tempted to phone it in - phone-based CS don't have the access or the knowledge to sort this, and often end up misinforming users and making the problem worse by guessing.

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
A dog is for life, not just for Christmas.
A VM email account is NOT for life, its maximum span is the duration of its associated VM broadband account + 90 days.
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi apple5,

Apologies for any misinformation provided you during previous communications.

Your email addresses were not sold to Talktalk. They remained on VM's data base and therefore under VM's management. They should have auto-closed a long time ago but when this process fails (it often does currently) we are able to intervene.

Please reply to my PM (purple envelope, top right) and I'll sort this out for you.

Regards 🙂

Jen
Forum Team

Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

All done, email address deletion confirmed 🙂

Jen
Forum Team