cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete blueyonder email account

spowcam
Joining in

How do I delete a blueyonder email account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@spowcam That all depends on the status of the blueyonder email address concerned. 

• If it is the primary username for your current VM broadband account then it can't be deleted.
  • If you are no longer a VM broadband customer then the VM Forum Team staff should be able to help get the address deleted.
  • If it is a secondary account on your current VM broadband account then you can delete it yourself as follows:

Sign into the primary account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. Scroll down the screen until you get to Manage other My Virgin Media accounts, click on that option then hit delete next to the secondary account that you no longer want.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@spowcam That all depends on the status of the blueyonder email address concerned. 

• If it is the primary username for your current VM broadband account then it can't be deleted.
  • If you are no longer a VM broadband customer then the VM Forum Team staff should be able to help get the address deleted.
  • If it is a secondary account on your current VM broadband account then you can delete it yourself as follows:

Sign into the primary account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. Scroll down the screen until you get to Manage other My Virgin Media accounts, click on that option then hit delete next to the secondary account that you no longer want.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

I am no longer a VM broadband customer.

How do I contact the VM Forum Team staff to get the address deleted?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@spowcam They will pick this thread up tomorrow and respond to you via the thread and then probably send you a Private message to pass security with them 

Hi @spowcam,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling to cancel your Virgin Media email account/address. I'll send you a private message in a few moments in order to assist you with this further. Please respond to this when you can and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @spowcam,

Thank you for getting back to me so promptly via private message. As we discussed there, your matters has now been addressed.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

hi wonder if forum support can help me please I have an old blueyonder that id like deleted no longer a customer and the email account is good to close - thanks

Hi @Parpmachine thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I would love to help you resolve the issue of deleting a mailbox no longer in use.  I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Octavia51bb
Joining in

Me too, please. I set up forwarding of my blueyonder email when I stopped being a Virgin customer, and expected it to cease a few months later. It's still going well over a year later and I do not want my name out there as a spam magnet. Please delete it for me, as was claimed would happen. Please do this without asking me for security information for a long dead account. I assume if I put the email address here it will be removed, so I look forward to someone getting in touch. I was rather hoping never to have to deal with VM again!

Hi Octavia51bb, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear your email hasn't been deleted already. This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs