Hi

I have a old NTLWorld email account that I would like to close and have deleted

I have forgotten the password so unable to login to request the closure myself

Is anyone able to help?

Thanks 

18 REPLIES 18

MissPasko
Super solver

You have come to the right place, Davmo1968.  I am going to assume you are NOT a current VM broadband customer?  Please correct me, as the advice may change.

You may not realise, but the mailbox should have been closed AND deleted automatically 90 days after you finished being a customer, according to VM's own Terms and Conditions. But the process fails all too often and leaves the former customer vulnerable to hacking and theft of personal and financial details (IMO, someone should definitely claim for damages from VM or complain to ICO!).

Only VM staff can raise a ticket to get the orphaned mailboxes deleted manually. The friendly Forum Team will visit this thread in the next few days and then take your personal details by private message.

When they say it is done, you can verify it is gone by running the email address(es) through https://mailtester.com.

In the meantime, if you still have access via an email client (try Thunderbird - using IMAP process which synchronises with the mailbox stored on the VM server), delete everything from all the folders to reduce the information available to hackers.

Best wishes to you.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Davmo1968

Thanks for getting in touch. 

We can definitely get the email closed down for you but I will just need to grab a few details first. 

I will pop you over a private message to grab some more information and we can go from there. 

The message will appear in the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Thank you 

Nat

Hello Nat or someone else from the support team

I am in exactly the same situation, i.e. my account has been terminated but the ntlworld email addresses for me (the lead name on the account) and my wife remain open.  Can you please arrange deletion of these two addresses? Thanks

Hi Vmal, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

We can certainly arrange for the email accounts to be deleted as you're now not a customer. 

So I can do this I will need to pop you a personal message to grab some details. 

I'll do this now and we can get the ball rolling.

:)

Emma_C - Forum Team

Hi there

i have the same issue where we moved house over tow years ag0, no longer have VM but both attached email accounts seem to work still, and it would seem that my wives account has been compromised.

Can you help please?

Thanks

Graeme

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post Graeme and welcome to our community. 

I'll pop you over a private message so we can locate the account and confirm the emails which you'd like to delete.

Thanks, Emily.

Hi, I also have an old NTLWORLD account, with sub-accounts. I would like the accounts and emails destroyed and evidence of their deletion, please.

Thanks

DW

Anonymous
Not applicable
you should start your own thread.
VM can delete them but not sure they can supply evidence of deletion

I have the same problem. I am a former VM customer and my ntlworld account has been hacked. Please can it be deleted.