cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete NTL email address.

RachelW1
Joining in

My old email account keeps getting hacked and spammed and I just need to get rid of it as my friends are getting fed up with me spamming them. I don’t use it anymore and just need it gone from my life……

please can you help?

10 REPLIES 10

RachelW1
Joining in

Please can someone tell me how to get rid of old email address on my account as fed up with it being hacked and sending spam to people thanks

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, RachelW1,

Do you currently have a media account with us?  If this is a sub-account you are able to delete/manage your account / mailboxes:

1. Sign in to My Virgin Media
  2. Select My Profile at the top of the page
  3. Select the Manage accounts tab – from here you can manage any additional email addresses attached to your account

Cheers,

Corey C

It’s not a sub account, I just need the primary account email to be in another email address as my husband pays the bill for this now

Thanks for replying,

If the email address is the primary account then we would not be able to delete it, however you can change it from being the username for your VM account. The steps from my previous reply will also take to the screen to have the email address updated.

Cheers,

Corey C

So the only way to stop my old email address from being spammed is to close my account with VM completely and take my business elsewhere then?

Hi Rachel

It depends what you mean by "being spammed".  You mentioned before that your contacts are receiving spam from your ntlworld email account.  The spammer (or the program they are running) may actually be sending emails from a completely different account but faking the details so that it looks like it comes from yours, in the hope that this will convince your contacts to open the email.  Your email doesn't even have to have been hacked for this to happen - the spammer could have hacked one of your contacts' address books, chosen your email address at random to use as the fake sender and started spamming everyone else in the book on the assumption that at least some of them will be mutual contacts and would therefore be inclined to trust an email that looks like it came from you.

If that is indeed what's happening (and it's only a possibility) then closing the account or changing your account details won't fix anything. Sorry.

Hi RachelW1, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

If the email address is your primary email address then as mentioned above, we're not able to remove this account I'm afraid.

If you're receiving spam then you mark this as spam if you wish to continue using the address. If you don't then you can change the username to log in to a third party email address instead using the steps given to you above. 

As a precaution, it's worth updating your password to the account too. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ok thanks. Changing passwords hasn’t helped tbh still getting spammed

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am sorry about this, I would follow the advice above and continue moving the spam into the spam file, to see if this helps.

Zoie