Menu
Rosj
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Deleated e mail

Hi! I deleated a message about 2 weeks ago but can’t find it, I have checked every folder including spam junk etc. I have several e mail accounts on my iPad such a Hotmail google mail etc and I have checked through all of those and nothing. The “Trash” box in my Ntl only shows deleated items up to last Sunday ( 20th Jan), one week. I thought I could retrieve that message via the Virgin server but again it only shows deleated item up to a week ago. How can I retrieve my deleated messages? 

I use an iPad, iPhone and a laptop using Windows 10

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deleated e mail

if the email is not in the deleted folder it can;t be recovered unless you had it backed up somewhere

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

FYI: Virgin Media's retention policy for the Trash folder is “Any messages in the Trash folder that are over 7 days old are automatically deleted.”, read more here Deleting Messages in Virgin Media Mail; once deleted from the Trash folder a message cannot be retrieved

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@用心棒 wrote:

FYI: Virgin Media's retention policy for the Trash folder is “Any messages in the Trash folder that are over 7 days old are automatically deleted.”, read more here Deleting Messages in Virgin Media Mail; once deleted from the Trash folder a message cannot be retrieved

Whilst that is the published policy the purge appears to take place only periodically, and in my experience not more frequently monthly at a minimum.

That said if the target messages are not in the VM deleted folder they are permanently gone, unless you have an offline backup as previously mentioned in this thread.

There have been numerous reports on this forum of customers losing emails unexpectedly when using Apple devices to access them.  Could this be another case?

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Graham_A wrote:

@用心棒 wrote:

FYI: Virgin Media's retention policy for the Trash folder is …

Whilst that is the published policy the purge appears to take place only periodically, and in my experience not more frequently monthly at a minimum.

Thanks for the correction. What a shambles; one of my accounts has messages from 7 January and onwards in the Trash folder, another from last November, and one from August 2015.

0 Kudos