Menu
Drapes2666
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Delayed duplicate emails received

Last week I got a new laptop and since then all messages I receive coming in to Virgin Media on my blueyonder.co.uk account are duplicated. One arrives ok and then a duplicate arrives approx 4 minutes later. Can anyone help please, it starting to drive me mad !  Thanks.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Delayed duplicate emails received

@Drapes2666 wrote:

Can anyone help please, it starting to drive me mad !

For some reason you seem to have been overlooked I am not sure why. 😕

The first thing I would check is  to see whether there has been a rogue auto forward set up in you VM Webmail account.

Sign in to your account from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ and then:

Click the 'System' menu icon (3 horizontal bars) on the top right side of the menu bar and click the 'Settings' menu item

Expand the 'Email' option.

Select 'Auto Forward'. That will show your email address if those emails are being forwarded.

It should look like this with nothing set:

auto forward empty.png

If your auto forward screen looks like the above example, follow up by clicking on the 'Filter rules' option which is the next item down the list on left and just below 'Auto Forward'.

If your email address appears in the auto forward box or there are filter rules listed that you do not recognise, it will explain why you are getting those duplicates but it raises an important question. Who set that up if it was not you?

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Drapes2666
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much. I also noticed that in my address book that some addresses were in section 1 some in 2  and some in 3. I changed them to all be in section 1 and also did what you suggest and it worked. Thanks again. Davis2666.

coenoby
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Drapes2666 wrote:

also did what you suggest and it worked. Thanks again. Davis2666.

Thanks for letting us know. 👍

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos