cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivated blueyonder account still forwarding mail

RM112233
Joining in

Please can you help me? I've spent hours on chat trying to sort this issue but keep hitting a brick wall. My VM services and accounts were closed ages ago, but an auto-forwarder on my (apparently) deacivated email account is still working and relaying incoming email to my new email address. I simply want the account properly deactivated or to get access so I can remove the forwarder. As I have no log-in details or an active account I'm unable to do this myself. The web chat team can't grasp that I'm not trying to stop people sending email to that address (who's that powerful?), I just want any incoming email to be undeliverable and or the forwarder to stop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RM112233 wrote: My VM services and accounts were closed ages ago, but an auto-forwarder on my (apparently) deacivated email account is still working and relaying incoming email to my new email address. I simply want the account properly deactivated or to get access so I can remove the forwarder.

That is something that comes up quite a lot on this forum. It seems that Virgin Media often do not complete the email account deletion process. It seems they remove access to the email account via their website but the mailbox itself is left in limbo.  That results in the very unsatisfactory situation you are seeing.

One of the VM Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) should be able to get the old email account deleted for you.

Just to confirm, you are no longer a VM broadband customer, correct?

One of the team should contact you in the next day or so via this thread.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RM112233 wrote: My VM services and accounts were closed ages ago, but an auto-forwarder on my (apparently) deacivated email account is still working and relaying incoming email to my new email address. I simply want the account properly deactivated or to get access so I can remove the forwarder.

That is something that comes up quite a lot on this forum. It seems that Virgin Media often do not complete the email account deletion process. It seems they remove access to the email account via their website but the mailbox itself is left in limbo.  That results in the very unsatisfactory situation you are seeing.

One of the VM Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) should be able to get the old email account deleted for you.

Just to confirm, you are no longer a VM broadband customer, correct?

One of the team should contact you in the next day or so via this thread.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you - fingers crossed.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @RM112233

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm going to drop you a private message, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Great - thank you I'll keep watching