cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivated account

Lexy_gill
Joining in

Hello.

My mum's NTL email account was deactivated last week without warning. 

Apparently this is due to her no longer being a Virgin Media customer and is normal protocol 90 days after account cancellation (She left Virgin Media 4 years ago). 

She has no access to the account so cannot access important information which is causing her a great deal of stress. 

I've been told a locked account can be recovered but not a deleted account so we're trying to find out which hers is. 

Any help or advice in this situation would be hugely appreciated. 

14 REPLIES 14

@Lexy_gill Yep this thread seems to have fallen through the gaps and hasn’t been picked up for the forum team. I have now escalated it to them so fingers crossed they’ll offer to get in touch with you tomorrow and see what can be done.

But, I have to caution you to prepare for the worst, use of any of the VM branded email addresses is absolutely dependent on having a current broadband account, I am absolutely sure that the forum staff will do what they can to restore access to it, albeit on a temporary basis, but there are no guarantees - there is a good chance that the mailbox, address and and all the mail within it has already been deleted, and in that case it absolutely cannot be recovered.

John

Hi Lexy_gill thanks for for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear that your mum has lost an email account that she needed.  I would like to take a closer look at this.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Thank you so much for your response, help and advice, it's very much appreciated. 

If there's a chance to just access it for a few days it'll make such a difference, just so she can access information and make some notes. 

🤞

Thank you again. 

Hi @Lexy_gill,

Thanks for your post.

I can see my colleague has requested some further details via PM. If you could respond when you can, we can take it from there 🙂

Have a lovely weekend.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello! Thank you so much for getting following this up. I've just sent the information.

I'm working out of the country at the moment so not as well connected (time zones and dodgy WiFi!) as I usually am. Apologies for the delay and thank you for your help.