cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Spam re Norton/Mcafee

andypat
On our wavelength

So much spam getting through at mo , both my wife and I getting same spam, separate email addresses also  my mother is getting the same too.

Been going on a while now - anyone else getting them?

400 REPLIES 400

Thanks boothy99, I've started sending them to .gov address aswell as VM

I hope I'm not being unduly optimistic but I've had nothing for 36 hours now.  VM certainly didn't like me forwarding the spam to their phishing inbox and blocked my account but I got that sorted without too much trouble. Needless to say their 'customer care' operative in India had no inkling of the deluge of McAffee and bitcoin spam. Anyone else noticed a reduction?

I to have received no Spam since yesterday - however I haven't forwarded any to phishing for a couple of days

Definitely slower 1 or 2 a day now. 

that said, just had a McAfee one get through my spam filters which is a worrying development. It’s the simplest one .. if subject contains ‘Afee’ then file to Spam…. How is that possible?

Several overnight. 

No let up. 

Afraid so, although mine are now coming from Italian and Dutch IPS addresses.

Getting more with offers to 'trial' products. Lidl, Gillette and assorted cleaning products.

RichL
On our wavelength

Getting so sick and tired of this now.

C0nGratluations asda customer, morrisons customer, tesco customer…

Bitcoin…

Can-o-bis gummies…

When will it stop. 15 emails when I just looked.

This will only stop when VM fix the issue at their end. 

I was wondering if this is a concerted spam "attack" - but in reality I think this junk is actually floating around out there the whole time, its just not seen because the email provider is filtering it out. It is certainly beyond anything a user can resolve. 

What is so disappointing is that, in spite of this being a know issue, now - and the fact that it is a complete repeat of the beginning of the year - VM are silent.

It seems like they (or their provider) have either changed something that is allowing this deluge. It is annoying and stressful. 

@TryingToBeHappy wrote:

Snip….

It seems like they (or their provider) have either changed something that is allowing this deluge. It is annoying and stressful. 

Actually what is more likely, the spammers have changed tactics slightly and what they are sending is sufficiently different to not be recognised as spam. The whole thing is an arms race and think about how annoyed users would be if the spam filters got it wrong and deleted perfectly valid and wanted messages.

The issue is that although it seems perfectly obvious to us how to recognise a spam email, we are all intelligent human beings and as such are vastly superior to any sort of machine based filtering system which can only go on a series of predefined rules.

Hi @TryingToBeHappy

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Can I double check that all of your spam filter settings are in line with the settings here please?

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs