cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Spam re Norton/Mcafee

andypat
On our wavelength

So much spam getting through at mo , both my wife and I getting same spam, separate email addresses also  my mother is getting the same too.

Been going on a while now - anyone else getting them?

400 REPLIES 400

Espicially when this was posted in another thread by a VM moderator

"..Hi all,

We're aware of an issue where customers emails account may be locked recently and this may be due to our spam and abuse system being updated..."

The 'updated' system seem to have created more problems than solving ones.....!

For me too.   10 a day for the last 3 days.  All McAfee spams.   I thought it was just my email account had been picked up from somewhere but no clearly something to do with Virgin customers.  I can see from looking around various forums that this has been an ongoing issue for Virgin customers for some time.  Are you going to sort this out Virgin Media??? 

Annoyingly these have started once again and have received 6 today; wonder why Virgin cannot stop these?

The first step would be VM actually telling their customers there is a problem. Then solving it.

Maybe some one might read this and do something?? Fingers crossed. 

Got 3 yesterday and 5 today. The format is exactly the same as those from last February. Significantly, the source of all the messages contains the same strange date - Wed04 October 2020. We need to start experimenting with the filter rules all over again.

McAfee spam has started up again, same format with the weird date 'Wed04 October 2020 etc' incorporated in the source text. This needs to be looked at URGENTLY.

Yes, I’m getting 2-3 per day now after months of quiet

Hi Humblestrummer,

Have you tried sending your crud spam to the National Cyber Security Centre's - Suspicious Email Reporting Service (SERS)...here....

report@phishing.gov.uk

Save the crud spam as an .eml file(s), and send them as attachment(s). Don't try to forward the spam directly, else Virgin will undoubtedly spot it (somewhat belatedly!) and block it 🥴

So far, after doing this a while back, I've currently had virtually zero spam. It's been the only thing I've tried that's actually worked.

Their website / info is here ...

https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/information/report-suspicious-emails

I don't even bother to look at the emails -
but I did get one offering free Lenor bottles ; might be more useful than MacFee..!

Eigna
On our wavelength

Hi.

I have over this last week been receiving a massive amount of spam flooding in the inbox - not even going in the 'spam folder', all of the addresses are jibberish and not being filtered by the VM server despite being obvious?  Mainly relating to Macafee (which I don't have) and BCT coin.  I blacklist and send to spam but I often get the response when blacklisting 'this address is already in your blacklist' (or something like that) 

And no, I don't go on random websites etc and I don't click on email links or social media links unless I am sure and expecting the link.  So please don't come at me with internet safety advice (I used to teach it until I retired last year!)

Also why can't spam addresses be blocked the same way that it can in my @live.co.uk account?  

As one of the biggest and most prominent providers surely VM should have a better handle on dealing with this situation. 

I'm going to send this as a complaint to VM but have posted on here in case others are finding a higher than normal flooding of these irritating and potentially dangerous emails and have an answer why VM are unable to intercept/deal with this problem?