cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Spam re Norton/Mcafee

andypat
On our wavelength

So much spam getting through at mo , both my wife and I getting same spam, separate email addresses also  my mother is getting the same too.

Been going on a while now - anyone else getting them?

400 REPLIES 400

Brachy8
On our wavelength

Correct me if I am wrong here but, I believe that what you are asking is for the end user, (us), to first identify what is SPAM mail by setting our own e-mail FILTER criteria and ensure that we move said mail to the SPAM folder. Following which, all Virgin has to do is use the data in the SPAM folder to allow them to the pre-filter our mail using the criteria which we have set out in our FILTER list.

What a spiffing wheeze! Have the victims populate your SPAM data for you!

Forgive me if I seem less than enamoured with your post.

I am sure that you will correct any misapprehensions which I may have.

Spot on comments...... bet you won’t get a discount for doing their job for them though.

@Travis_M

Yes, they are all as they should be.. 

On the positive side, McAfee junk is now reducing.. 2 on sunday, none yet this week:  Bitcoin - one per day ... McAfee now bypassing my filters on occasion. 

New one today.. something to do with hair loss caused by a parasite.. The subject line is a sentence with each word separated by a full stop...the most basic filter should stop this at source, surely? 

I am not at all happy about this situation.. the odd spam message is to be expected (although I have NEVER had one via gmail.) but this has been a constant stream, reducing slightly right now, for about 3 weeks. The same thing happened at the beginning of the year. This is not an individual(s) problem. Look at the board.. many many people all experiencing the same thing, starting at the same time, with the same inability to make it stop. 

Are you a VM employee? If so, I would welcome a public statement as to cause, and rectification, of this issue. 

If you are unable to resolve the issue, you need to declare that your mail system is flawed/compromised and stop offering the service as you are currently offering something that is not of merchantable quality. 

I must say that Spam to my email address has reduced to a trickle and those that do come in are getting caught by MY Spam filters ...

Just a further update  -- happy to say, NO spam since last Wednesday !! (nothing in my Spam folders) : seems VM have got their act back on track......

Brachy8
On our wavelength

Good for you albob, some of us aren't so lucky

Screenshot 2021-10-10 at 15.01.23.png

Brachy8
On our wavelength

Hi albob, good for you, some of us are not so lucky...

McAfee Security Subscription has expired, yet again, this time from dqmaz@bullettime.kiloo.com

What's so special about YOUR Spam filter I wonder?

In reply to Travis (forum team), the whole point of this extremely long string is that all this crud is bypasing the SPAM filters, whatever the setting.  What we need help with is how to set the EMAIL filters in order to classify the messages as SPAM in the first place. I don't know how to make things any clearer.

@Brachy8

I do have a 'McAfee' filter set up - but, I have received NO spam at all since last Wednesday (nothing for the Spam filter to catch...!!)

Hi Humblestrummer,

We have sought more advice on this issue, and unfortunately as they are a 3rd party spam email, we can only advise the spam emails could also reported to Norton and McAfee’s individual reporting systems, so that they can investigate further.

They can also be sent to our team’s phishing abuse@virginmedia.com with full email headers so we can continue to report them as spam.

Kind regards Jodi.