cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Spam re Norton/Mcafee

andypat
On our wavelength

So much spam getting through at mo , both my wife and I getting same spam, separate email addresses also  my mother is getting the same too.

Been going on a while now - anyone else getting them?

400 REPLIES 400

stuxter
On our wavelength

Getting a high volume of spam emails regarding McAffee security, telling my subscription has ended.

This has been going on for over a week.

All from dubious email addresses

Can this be looked into please.

reset the Spam Filter to Reject All SPAM messages four hours ago and, so far, I have had no spam and other e-mails are being received normally. I will try to update again tomorrow.

I reset the filter because a VM Monitor said: We recently changed the default SPAM settings in our webmail from 'Reject all SPAM messages' to 'Move message to Spam folder' which will potentially increase the number of SPAM emails contained in that folder. See full comment above reposted by TryToBeHappy.

yakacm
On our wavelength

Oh right? I did do a quick search before I posted but didn't see anything recent, thanks for the reply.

The reply from the Moderator was copied by TryToBeHappy yesterday. It is on page 32 of this thread as I write. It should still be on page 32 unless it has been moved or removed. I will copy it at the end of this message.

As yet, I have received no spam since altering my Webmail filter settings to Reject All SPAM messages. I am receiving other e-mails normally but I am concerned that an e-mail to me from a genuine new sender might be blocked. I guess that is the risk one takes by switching the spam filter to reject all spam. 

Yesterday [Thursday 23 September] TryToBeHappy wrote:

I just got this.. 

Hi TryingToBeHappy

Sorry to hear this is happening 

We recently changed the default SPAM settings in our webmail from 'Reject all SPAM messages' to 'Move message to Spam folder' which will potentially increase the number of SPAM emails contained in that folder. See below on how to change the SPAM settings for webmail.

1.Click the System menu icon on the right side of the menu bar and then click the Settings menu option
2.Select SPAM Settings
3.Select the required SPAM setting
4.Move message to Spam folder (default)
5.Reject All SPAM messages
6.Flag a message as SPAM but deliver to Inbox
7.Turn off all SPAM filtering
8.Navigating away from the SPAM Settings page will save the setting selected
9.Marking an email as SPAM or NOT SPAM in Virgin Media Mail will move that email to the relevant folder, but doesn't maintain that choice for future messages for that sender.
10.To permanently block an email from a particular sender that you identify as SPAM but the SPAM filter does not, you can set up a filter to delete any future messages.
11.If emails from a particular sender are being identified incorrectly as SPAM, save the sender as a contact. This will ensure that you receive all messages from that sender and it won't be identified as SPAM

Despite changing the spam filter to reject all spam, one from 'McAfee' came through into junk this morning. So, changing the filter is not the answer. VM has changed something else or the spammers have dodged its filter.

I've been getting an influx of spam this week like others and am pleased to see that I'm not the only one suffering! I just "mark as unread" and then click on "mark as spam" setting up filters is too complicated for me I hope VM soon manage to sort their filters out again

Today I received 4 messages in my inbox which were obviously spam....

I was REALLY annoyed to find a wanted message in the spam folder.

Furthermore it wouldn't let me forward it to a friend even though I had marked it NOT SPAM.

Grhhhhhhh😡

Sudden influx of BTN bitcoin stuff…

still nothing from VM, of course. 

"..Sudden influx of BTN bitcoin stuff…

still nothing from VM, of course. .."

They have changed something and cannot admit that they have ballsed it up - just like a few months ago with the 'recent' prefix in emails *uck-up  !!

Thread here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-Authentication-issues/m-p/4744459#M218700

Alun135
Dialled in

Previously we were bombarded by scam mcaffee emails

Every other email I am getting is now one of these

Virgin stopped them before why not now

I have tried everything that seemed to work previously including creating rules to stop them it simply does not work.

It's almost telephone spam calls the header is spoofed so they cannot be stopped

What are virgin going to do about it