cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Spam re Norton/Mcafee

andypat
On our wavelength

So much spam getting through at mo , both my wife and I getting same spam, separate email addresses also  my mother is getting the same too.

Been going on a while now - anyone else getting them?

400 REPLIES 400

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!

I spoke too soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😡😡  Just came home to loads more and it is even forward them on to phishing😠😡

I have taken a screen shot of how they are stopping forwarding messages and will PM it.

HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
The VM system won't let you forward messages that are in your spam folder. VM have enough info now to investigate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

fsxtc
On our wavelength

Just for info - 4.20pm Friday and still getting the rubbish - BUT - not only am I getting the usual Norton & Macafee rubbish its now being joined by 'Black Friday' rubbish!!!!!!!

No doubt everyone else will be getting it soon as well, if you haven't already.

How long will this go on for???

Thank you for your message Howard, but the screen print I sent was from my main mail, it was not in my spam folder...a lot are coming through like that, they seem to be able to alter them to come through main mail, rather than straight into the spam folder.

When I look in my spam folder, these emails are never in there.

Keeping fingers crossed reference solving this horrendous problem.

Many thanks

Barbara.

fsxtc
On our wavelength

Saturday 18.20 and still getting all the rubbish - just so you know. 

Hi Dean

Can I piggy-back onto this issue. I get about 40 per day, mainly Norton or McAfee related. If I delete them, there'll be more almost immediately. Some, not many are being directed to junk, but more are making it through. This is a screenshot of junk file to where I have moved most of them myself. I have also deleted quite a lot. Please advise.

regards

Tony Meehan

Screenshot 2020-11-28 at 18.47.51.png

Mike_H99
Joining in

Agreed. 10-20 coming daily to both my wife and I

There is a 'Suspicious Email Reporting Service (SERS)' to the National Cyber Security Centre - but when I try to forward the emails the Virgin spam blocker blocks it.

Good that it blocks spam but not in this instance - how can we report them?

Yes, another one here. Always connected to renewing an anti-virus program. Come on Virgin - you must be able to see this! Just set up your own Virgin email !!! When you think you have 4 pages here there must be thousands affected, if not everybody. As a friend of someone who has been scammed for a lot of money receiving these is very unnerving. You just feel that anything could happen. It's my blueyonder account.

ALF28
Super solver

pleased so many have reported this spam issue, hope virgin find a way to detect this spam, can not be that difficult surely

also reported in posts   Spam - VM's filter is useless! - Virgin Media Community - 4477831

Howard - you said...

"Secondly make sure that if this stuff gets into your inbox you don't just delete it, but you mark it as spam so it goes to your spam folder. At least that way the VM spam filters, which are supplied and maintained by one of the best outfits in the business have some chance of learning."

Sorry - this just does not work! The system never learns. I've been complaining about this for years. Not only does it not detect spam, but often marks perfectly good e-mails as Spam! E-mails from one company I deal with are always marked as Spam. No matter how often I mark them as not spam, nothing improves, and they are still Spammed. The filter just does not work, it hasn't for the last few years, and does not get better.