cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Spam re Norton/Mcafee

andypat
On our wavelength

So much spam getting through at mo , both my wife and I getting same spam, separate email addresses also  my mother is getting the same too.

Been going on a while now - anyone else getting them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello all,

Thanks for commenting regarding the spam that has been slipping through the net lately. We have not been ignoring these threads and have been reporting this to our teams in the background. We thought it best to give you a quick update.

We have a team identifying scam emails and blocking them, using methods to prevent them reaching your inbox at all. Unfortunately, some do find a way through from time to time and we can only apologise for this. We're doing what we can to minimise the impact on our customers.

Please keep reporting them, as it really does help with our investigations. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to sort this out for you.

Many thanks,
Your Community Moderators

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

400 REPLIES 400

CPS7
On our wavelength

Yep loads of us..they keep changing addresses, headings etc so very difficult to create rules to filter them out..very annoying 

CaptNemo
Tuning in

I’m getting so much too. 15 today and it’s been going on a while now. I am going into webmail and marking as spam but not working.

and is Virgin doing anything to solve this?

andypat
On our wavelength

There are other posts re spam so they must be aware - needs something doing

JefGooding
Joining in

Me too - last week really annoying constant first Norton then McAfee as well.. Got 8 spam (or more likely phishing) emails from Norton and McAfee fake accounts just today. Previously only about one random spam email a day.

eg We Stopped Something Dangerous! Renew Now to Stop Viruses and Threats Foreve subject line

Purports to be from @Mcafee2020 but hidden address is support@tsongbrio.co.uk

All sent from different accounts so even blocking domain does nothing to stop it.

What's going on Virgin?

Yes, same here, started a 2-3 weeks ago, seems to be getting worse if anything.  Concerning if we're all getting these, makes you wonder where they got our emails from.  If it is of interest, mine is an @ntlworld.com address which I rarely use for anything new nowadays, so curious it has just started getting these dodgy emails.

No ,,, absolutely not ,, there’s another thread regarding this issue also ,, the more people complain the hope is virgin might take some action to guard their customers from fraudulent emails , the customer advisor I Spoke to was particularly rude & unhelpful.

andypat
On our wavelength

Just to add to this . all the three email addresses as I said on first post are all ntlworld.com 

AndyPandy3
On our wavelength

This is now totally out of control. I would say that hourly I am getting Norton and McAfee phishing emails. It’s non stop day and night.

Now they are a joke, ridiculously poorly put together. Bad altered screenshots.

Can’t VM filter these or stop them it’s a tsunami now! I do put them in block, but the sending address keeps changing. The content however is very similar so surely VM can stop that, or monitor where this considerable amount of E Mails are coming from. 
Clearly fraud trying to get your bank details, VM should be working with the police to stop it.