cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'DMARC validation failed' mail delivery errors

JulieD1
Tuning in

Hi, 

Can anyone help me with a 'DMARC validation failed' mail delivery errors please? 

Our email set-up is a little bit complicated. We have a domain, email and webhosting with another provider, but the mailboxes are very small (only 2 GB). So we have set-up email aliases and forward our emails to our virgin media email address, as the mailbox accounts are larger. Unfortunately in recent months we have been getting lots of emails rejected and a bounce back (Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender) to our provider from Virgin media for ‘DMARC validation failed’. Is there anything I can do to stop this and get my emails through? I’ve added some of the email addresses to my address book on virgin media, but that hadn’t resolved this issue. We have a DMARC policy set against our domain, which I’m told is correct.

This is an example

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error.

The following address failed:

[MOD EDIT: Email address removed]

SMTP error from remote server for TEXT command, host: hostname.net (IP address) reason: 554 5.2.0 MXIN603 DMARC validation failed. ;id=6TapoS1QdxIyN6TaqoAXot;sid=

6TapoS1QdxIyN;mta=mx8.tb;dt=2022-06-29T11:02:41+02:00;ipsrc=IP address;

Many thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you need any help drop me a PM but bear in mind I'm not as active on here as I used to be due to other commitments.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks